day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 17, 2005

I have no idea what to write about today...

What the heck should I write about today???? I am at a loss.

I attended my friend's grandmother's funeral today. The service was very nice, but I found my self thinking of my own losses. Today was the 5th anniversary of the death of my grandmother, Helen. As I discussed yesterday, I loved her dearly. I was listing to the pastor speaking of my friend's grandmother, when suddenly I was back in the room at the hospital with the doctor telling my aunt and me that there were "no heroic measures that could be taken" to save my grandmother's life. It felt like a huge weight was placed on my chest and I thought that I was not going to be able to breathe. I guess we are never truly ready to say goodbye.

It is not always a death that gives me these intense emotional moments. I almost always cry when I attend a wedding. It doesn't matter who is getting married. When they start reciting vows, I start to get a knot in my stomach. It is the very same knot that I got in my stomach on the day I was married. I start to get the stomach butterflies and then the tears start to form. It also happens when I see the birth of a child on television. I think about what I went through when Sophia was born and I start to empathsize with the poor mom struggling to bring new life into the world. There is no greater joy in life as when that new baby looks up at you for the very first time.

I had been meaning to tell you guys that I am a bit of an Earth Science nerd. I am facsinated by the weather and volcanos. I am a big fan of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration website. It is a pretty amazing site for all things weather. Another site that I visit quite often contains volcano cams, where you can view volcanos all over the world. I like to watch Mt. St. Helens, Old Faithful Geyser in Yellowstone and Mt. Erebus in Antarctica. Mt. Erebus is more often than not, clouded over, but it is amazing when you consider the extreme weather conditions where the web cam exists. Check these sites out and let me know what you think.

While I am not very happy with my post today, it's all I've got. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day for this blogger.

Have a great evening!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home