day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Saturday, March 19, 2005

Okay, I know I am lame, but I have a good excuse...

Sorry for not posting yesterday. Sophia was up a lot on Thursday night with a fever. By Friday morning, it was 103.2. So that warranted a visit to the pediatrician. The doctor says that she has an ear infection. By the time she went to bed at 9:00, I was beat and went to bed around 9:30. Her fever broke last night, so she is on the road to recovery. One bit of advice for other parents and family members, never feel bad about calling the pediatrician.

So where do you guys stand on the removal of Terri Schaivo's feeding tube? I can see both sides in this story. I feel bad for the parents, but also feel bad for her husband. The parents want to hold onto their daughter, I would feel the same. Her husband has met somebody new and has started a family. He also says that Terri would not want to live like this. So who is right? I personally don't want to live that way and have expressed as much to Bob.

I wonder how many families face similar situations each year. It is very important that you have your final wishes known. Make sure that you have a living will, so that you family is not torn apart by having to make these decisions for you. And as hard as it may seem to approach, suggest the same to your family members. When my grandparents were sick, it made our final decisions easier.

I feel like I have been discussing death a great deal lately. YUCK!!! I hate talking about death. Spring arrives in a few days, not to mention Easter (and my birthday). I love the spring. I love the flowers and watching the leaves sprout on the trees. There is this delightful smell in the air. I can't wait! Easter always makes me think of huge dinners at my grandparents and egg hunts in their yard. I am so glad that Sophia is walking now, because we are going to have her first Easter egg hunt for her this year at her grandparents. It's funny how things go around in your life. You do something, then your children do it and then your grandchildren do it. I will enjoy watching Sophia do the things that I did as a child.

Hopefully, the weather will be warm enough for a walk outside today. I could use it.

Have a great day!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Amanda Tate said...

I love reading your blog. Love, love, LOVE it! Your energy conveys so naturally, the writing is so conversational, I feel your emotions through the posts. Please keep writing. I enjoy it!

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home