day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Hello out there in blogger land...

Well here we are again. It's almost 9:30, Sophia has just gone to bed and here I sit with yet another headache. Headaches suck!

I went shopping today. It was nice to be away from Bob and Sophia for awhile. It is very hard to shop with a toddler, sometimes. There is nothing more embarrassing than going through the line in the grocery store watching Sophia pull magazines off a rack and throw them all over the floor. Everybody, including the cashier looks at you like your child is a brat. You just have to laugh and pick up the magazines.

What is even better to watch is when Sophia decides that she wishes to throw a temper tantrum. I am not just talking crying, I am talking a full-blown, arch your back, scream and throw yourself on the floor event. Unfortunately, there is not much you can do in these situations. You notice that many people are looking at you and rather than draw a crowd, you make a quick exit out of the store. I refer to this as the "Walk of Shame." Ah, the joys of parenting.

It is hard to get into the head of an 18 month old, so I just have to guess my way through. Sometimes, I think she is a devil, but then she smiles at me and everything is okay. When she started to bite, hit and headbutt, I talked to the doctor and he said that it is normal and that she will grow out of it. I just hope it is sooner than later. I keep telling her that nobody wants to play with you if you bite or hit. It is hard to use psychology on a toddler.

The movie Tommy Boy is on TV right now. I am sorry to say that there are some parts of this movie that make me laugh like an idiot. People always talk about how great Chris Farley was, but I often wonder if he would have been nearly as funny without David Spade. David Spade is that perfect combination of comedy and smart ass.

Unlike last time, writing is not helping my headache, it has actually gotten worse, so I am going to sign off for now.

Sweet Dreams!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home