day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Always have been clumsy...

Yesterday was Bob's birthday and in a series of embarrassing unfortunate acrobatic events that included a dog fence, a dog water dish and Bob's birthday cake I managed to injure myself. After a doctor's visit and some x-rays I am now at home resting with my leg in the air. It seems that I have, in the best case scenario, sprained my left knee, if I am not vastly improved by Monday, I will have to go for an MRI to see if I have done something worse.

Bob ended up working from home today while taking care of the kids. I can not walk upright very well and limp horribly and steps are almost unbearable. If I am not better tomorrow, I will need Bob's help again, because I can't even lift the kids. I hope I am doing better soon, but only time will tell.

What a way to celebrate Bob's birthday and bring in a New Year. I hope that you all are starting 2008 off on the right foot!!!

What doesn't kill us will only make us stronger, so I just have to laugh.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bar L. said...

Linda!! That's horrible! I am so sorry. I hope it heals super fast and you are back on both feet soon!

10:47 PM  
Blogger HLiza said...

I like that..what doesn't kill us will only make us stronger.. Hey, so sorry to hear what happened..hope you're better now. I'm clumsy and accident-prone too..last year when I was pregnant, I poured boiling water onto my left foot and got it badly scalded..I also dropped a very heavy book onto another foot another time and got it swollen so bad! Now both my feet are never as beautiful (not that they were before..ha ha..)!

9:49 AM  
Blogger Ms. Amanda Tate said...

Linda, I am so sorry to hear about your injury! I hope you are feeling better soon. It's amazing how much we take our mobility for granted until we are sidelined, but hang in there - you'll be running around after the kids again soon.

BTW - I suck; I forgot B-O-B's birthday!! Sorry. Belated wishes!

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take advantage of this break Linda! Watch soap operas, eat ice cream and take care of that leg!

12:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Okay, I left a long post earlier but it's not here. So sorry to hear about that young child...I can't imagine what would push such a young soul to end life when he doesn't even really know what's going on (I know I didn't at 11!). I will keep his family in my prayers.

Whenever I hear trisomy 18, I just inwardly moan...it's no good. I have a friend whose cousin recently had a baby bord with T18. She has a blog recording her pregnancy, birth/death, and how she's coped with it thus far. I don't know but it may be an encouragement to your friend. He is the link http://www.poppyjoy.blogspot.com/

I hope that you feel better soon. SOmetimes, rest is really what we need...and with your little ones, I have a feeling you don't get much of that! :-)

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home