day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Poor baby...

Nicholas turned one yesterday. The good news is that he really started walking yesterday and now he walks at least 50% of the time not holding on. So I guess that was his birthday present to himself. The bad news is that he and I were both sick with some kind of stomach virus. Thankfully, it only lasted one day. I really felt like I was dying yesterday.

My son's (and daughter's) Godmother felt so bad that she brought us Chinese carry-out, a cake and party hats, napkins and plates (Shrek) so that we could celebrate. We had planned on going out to dinner, but I was just way too sick.

We are having his birthday party on Saturday. It will be a small affair with his Great-Grandfather, his Grandparents, Godparents, and a few of our neighbors. The party will have a fire engine theme, with lots of balloons. I think he will love the bright colors. I am looking forward to it, but I hope that my stomach will be 100% by then right now it is at about 75%.

So anyway that is what we have been up to. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Sophia and her cousin Sarah had a blast together. My father-in-law has made a train garden for the kids. It is so fun to watch Sophia playing engineer. She does pretty good at controlling the five train lines.

I will make sure to share pictures of Nicholas' big day!

5 Comments:

Blogger HLiza said...

So sorry you guys get bugged by the stomach infection. It must have felt awful..poor birthday boy too. Happy birthday to him..and did you capture the first steps on camera? And I can't wait for the birthday party photos..we hardly have parties here..it's just our family tradition not to celebrate big, but I do hope to give each of my kids at least one big bday party in their life!

5:09 PM  
Blogger Bar L. said...

I want a train garden!

Sorry to hear you and your little guy were feeling so bad! No fun at all. My son started walking on his 1st b-day too (makes it easy to remember).

Hope you feel much better in time for the party Saturday! Have fun!

10:53 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Stomach viruses suck. I'm sorry you had to deal with that. The whole inability to keep food in my stomach thing makes me feel feelings of powerlessness. I like the 7up part of it, though.

Trains rock!

1:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ick...stomach stuff is no fun! Happy Birthday to Nicholas. I hope the party Saturday is great...I'll be on call, so have some fun for me! :-) Can't wait to see pictures. BTW, I think you should post pictures of this train garden if you have them.

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to the pics. Sorry you were sick. I had the tummy virus the day after you did! I went to urgent care to get the antinausea and anticramping pills cause I just could not take it. It was sweet of their Godmother to to help with the special day! On Binkers 2nd Bday my cowife was so sick I had to call her an ambulance and sit in the er with her all day. Luckily at our boys ages they are too young to realize and be disappointed.

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home