day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Mmmm...

I love to cook. I like to look at several recipes of the same dish and then come up with my own version. I wanted to share a recent recipe that seemed to be a hit with those who tried it. It is fairly easy, except for peeling the Butternut Squash. Don't be afraid to try it, because the combination of apples and squash sound weird as they really do go together very nice. This dish would be a nice starter for Thanksgiving dinner.


Apple Butternut Squash Soup

1 medium onion chopped
3 stalks celery chopped
2 carrots chopped
3 to 4 apples cored, peeled and chopped
1 large butternut squash peeled and chopped
4 to 6 cups of vegetable or chicken broth (I used canned)
Dash nutmeg
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Dash ground cloves (optional)
1 cup light cream

Put all ingredients (except cream) into large stock pot. Boil until vegetables are soft. Use a hand blender to liquify soup. Once soup is to desired consistency add cream slowly while stiring soup. Soup is ready to serve.

If you don't have a hand blender, you can use a regular blender, it will just be a bit messier.


If you try it, I would love to hear your thoughts, since this was something I made up on my own (well sort of).

Enjoy!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Bar L. said...

Thanks for stopping me by and wishing me a good time at Bruce - it was very fun!

Looks like you had a birthday here last week :) How fun!

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds interesting, I'll have to try it since I'm always looking for something to do with those butternut squashes.

9:08 PM  
Blogger ChristyTN said...

MMM! That does sound good! Mark loves cooking and experimenting, so I think he would really love to try this recipe. He made a pumpkin and mushroom soup last year that was wonderful! :)

8:12 PM  
Blogger HLiza said...

Hi Linda, thanks for coming to my blog..I enjoy yours too! I'm not so much of a cooking type though..he he but this sounds yummy!

5:01 PM  
Blogger Bar L. said...

It worked this time!\

Just tested your url again - it must have been me :)

Yep, I'd say you would have to like music if you're married to Mr. Vinyl!!

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have always wanted to taste a squash soup but never have. It sounds yummy.

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home