day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 24, 2005

News and kids...

I am having a hard time thinking about what to post today. Since I did not post yesterday, I felt that I owed a post today. There was not much going on today.

The news was dismal as usual. Terri Schiavo continues to linger. It may sound cruel, but I hope that she does not linger long, not because I am tired of seeing the story in the news, but because I just want her to find peace. A more spiritual person than myself could explain how what she has ahead of her is so much better than what she is experiencing right now. I know that her parents are religious and if they truly are, you would think that they would want their daughter's spirit to move on. She has been in the vegetative state for 15 years, not able to move or communicate. If you believe that there is a heaven, than you would believe that she would be much better off there.

Two fossil fuel concerns were also in the news. First was the refinery explosion in Texas, where 15 people died and more than a 100 people were injured. Second was the oil spill in a southern California reservoir that was caused by a landslide. Although, these are both just accidents, it still makes me think about why we need to rely less on fossil fuels. Oil spills always concern me. I have not bought gas from Exxon since Exxon Valdez (1989).

It's funny how the news almost never seems to be anything good. Once when I was in Canada, I was amazed by how the news was not so sensational. There were actually at least as many good as there were bad stories. That was seven year ago, so things may have changed. It is hard to be positive sometimes, when your view of the outside world is so crappy. If you guys run across some happy news stories, please forward them to me, I need to see them!!!

I put together Sophia's Easter basket today. I can't wait to give it to her. It is so much fun to watch her do things. There is nothing so precious as watching a child explore and learn. You realize that you are important, because you are a direct influence on something so wonderful that it can not be described. Kids are awesome!

I hope that you guys have a great Friday. Think about the child that you used to be and let that inner child shine.

Good night!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

Wonderful closing line, Linda! Alas, poor Terry. It's probably for the best she's not a part of the damned media circus anymore.

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home