day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Monday, March 21, 2005

Try not to be late...

There was not really a whole lot going on today. Sophia is still sick. Between her and the laundry, not much else was done. I hope that Sophia is feeling better tomorrow. She has been either happy or extremely miserable today. You have to be careful, because you don't know which Sophia you might get when you approach her.

Is anybody else tired of seeing Michael Jackson on the news? I think he gets stranger every time I see him. He is sort of like a train wreck, you can't keep yourself from looking. I think it is interesting to see how he has progressed over time. I have to admit that when I was in middle school, I thought he was kind of cute, but man has that totally changed. Talk about plastic surgery gone awry. What is up with him coming to court late and arriving with a medical person in scrubs in his entourage? This is a guy who has no job and has people drive him everywhere he goes, so why can't he be on time?

I have this thing for being on time. If I am even a minute late for something, I am extremely embarrassed. Bob, on the other hand, is almost never on time. So as you can imagine, this causes a great deal of friction when we have to go any place together. I am usually a very laid back person, but being late gets under my skin. If I have to meet somebody and they are late, I am beside myself. I don't know why I am this way, but I am. My mom is on-time, so maybe that might be the one and only way that I am like my mom. Oh God, I said it, I am like my mom. Maybe, I should see a therapist now, before it is too late.

I even find myself being frustrated with Bob when he is late leaving work. Now, he is at work, earning money, I am at home, not working, so why does this piss me off. It is so irrational. I think it is even worse since Sophia was born, because not only do I have to worry about getting myself out the door, but I have to get her ready, too and that can be a pain. I have to chase her to put on her coat and then I have to gather the dozen things that come along with kids (blankets, drinks, diapers, a snack, a toy, etc). By the time I actually do get out the door, I am physically tired and now stressed, because, yup, you guessed it, I am running late.

So for those of you who know me, next time you have to meet me, try not to be late, because you can bet money that I will watching the time.

Well I am off to watch some Miami Vice!

Have a spectacular night!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Amanda Tate said...

Oh, I wish I had watched "Miami Vice" last night. I was trying to get caught up with "Boston Legal" and "Carnivale." "BL" was incredible. But that's not why I am commenting . . . I am commenting about how much I enjoy reading your blog!

Keep writing!

1:34 PM  
Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

Hope Sophia is better!

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home