day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Monday, May 21, 2007

Just catching up...

I wanted the previous post about Vinny to be up for at least a week before I put up a new post. A week has come and gone and it does not change how much I miss my dog. We have been working very hard to get information about pet dangers out there. We have put up a website with some pet safety links, talked to our local newspaper and also talked to the Baltimore Sun. A story with just a bit about Vinny ran in our local newspaper ran today, but we are still hoping that the Baltimore Sun will print something. We have had a few visits to our website and hope that more people will visit. Please go over and have a look. Sign our guestbook and forward the link to your friends. The more people who are aware of pet dangers the better.

Mother's Day was very nice. Bob who rarely cooks made a wonderful dinner for his mother and me. It was a great day to just be with my kids. Sophia made me a card in which she wrote the message "I love you" all by herself. Bob told her the letter and she wrote it without his help. It was hard to read, but I could definitely tell what it said. I was so proud of her. Sophia picked out a beautiful hanging Lobelia for me and put a dragonfly decoration in the pot. I love dragonflies.

Yesterday I spent the morning planting my tomatoes and then we went over to Bob's parent's house and helped to open the swimming pool. I thought it would be a good idea to wear my swimsuit to work in the garden and open the pool. I am a nice shade of bright red today. I am such a dummy, I should have worn sunscreen. I normally do, but didn't yesterday.

I had to run some errands today. Sophia seemed to be a bit under the weather and I kept asking her if she was okay. She said she was fine. We pulled up to our house and Sophia was getting out when she started this coughing thing and the next thing I knew she was throwing up on the ground. I knew it. She was, of course, very sad. I comforted her and helped her change her clothes and told her to lay on the couch and just relax. She has drank some water, but wants nothing to eat. I know she will be better later. I told Bob to pick her up a snowball with out the syrup on top thinking that she might like the shaved ice. I am glad that she decided to get sick outside and not in the car or house. She made it easy for me. Poor thing, it is not like her to just lay around.

I still owe you guys Fairie Festival photos. My stinking CD drive will not open and I have them on disk. I promise to get them out soon.

Thanks for hanging in there while I have been dealing with Vinny's death. It is nice to have such kind readers.

I hope the sun is shining in your piece of world.

3 Comments:

Blogger ChristyTN said...

Hi Linda! Sorry that Sophia has been feeling under the weather. Poor thing. Puking makes me sad too! it just feels so awful. MG just got over the cold and now it's lingering with MB. It really is terrible when a sickness goes through the whole family. It seems like one or the other of us has been sick for at least the last three weeks!

I'm going to put your Vinny web page link on my blog. I've just recently figured out how to do it. I told my coworkers who have dogs. Can you believe it...not one person knew that raisins were toxic. Now I'm extra careful with our cats. You never know what'll make them sick. We can't even have indoor plants unless they're completely out of reach. Tansy eats them and then throws up!

PS. I'm looking forward to seeing the faerie festival pictures!!!

8:46 PM  
Blogger Ivey's Mom said...

Sorry Sophia is not feeling well. Throw ups are the pits. I know you miss Vinny, he was part of the family. Thanks for the link.
Get everything situated on your end and we will still be here on this end.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Poor baby! I hope that Sophia feels better soon. Your instincts on the ice are probably right! I remember one time when I was sick and my family was going to get a shaved ice...I had them get me one without syrup and it was PERFECT! BTW, Im making the fattoush tonight.

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home