day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Messy...

I have to clean my house. It is a huge mess. I hardly let anybody in, because it is such a mess. This is a source of shame for me, but I am just not good at keeping things neat and organized. I don't know why I can't keep things neat. If it weren't for Bob, half the time the laundry would not get done. I need one of those clean sweep sort of shows to come to my house. They would be so horrified!!!

We are dog sitting for our neighbors next week, so I want to get things in order for our canine visitor. We are going to love having him here for a while. We miss having a dog around. Jake (the dog we are watching) is a black lab and like all labs I have ever met, he just wants to love and be loved. He is good with kids (he has a few of his own), so I know that my kids will be fine with him. He has never really been around cats, so it will be interesting to see how he likes ours. Neal (the only pet we have right now) loves dogs, so he will make it easy for Jake.

I have to get everything done by Saturday, because we have a party to go to for a friend's two boys. She has one birthday party for both of them. Sophia will have a ball, she loves these two kids. Then on Sunday, which is Father's Day, we are going to church early and then we are going to go camping overnight at Catoctin Mountain Park. I just wanted to get away for a day with the kids. Camping is fun and relatively inexpensive. Catoctin Park is home to Camp David, the presidential retreat (it is NOT open to the public) so you can imagine how pretty it is there. There are many nice trails to hike in the park and also in Cunningham Falls State Park, which is the state park that is adjacent to Catoctin. In the state park there is a lake for swimming and boating, there are playgrounds and also a hike to waterfall.

Bob and I have been going to these parks for as long as we have been together (which is 17 years now) and we have always had fun. We tent camp and there is a wonderful camping area that mostly caters to tent campers. It is gorgeous. It is very quiet and has a stream running along one side and every camp sight is wooded. Also, the spots are not right on top of one another. I am really looking forward to the diversion. I know that Bob and the kids will have fun, too.

I thought it would be nice to spend Father's Day as a family. I will make Bob's favorite foods to make it a little more special for him. We usually spend the day with Bob's parents, but this year they are taking Bob's Grandfather to a Dinner Theatre. We will miss spending the time with them, but will still enjoy ourselves.

I love doing these sort of things with the kids. I like cuddling next to Sophia in the tent. At least for little while anyway, because she is a wiggler. She loves going on adventures and camping is the perfect place for a kid to go out and discover that there is a big world beyond the boundaries of their homes. I did not really camp as a kid. I think I only did it once or twice with girl scouts and I was miserable. I think it was because I did not have the cool sleeping bags and things. I used my Dad's army sleeping bag and kids laughed at me. Kids can be so awful. Now I have all the cool camping stuff, so nanny nanny boo boo, stick your head in doo doo.

Have a good day!

5 Comments:

Blogger Bar L. said...

Ok, I'm worn out just by reading all the things you are up to!!! Luckily lots of it is fun.

You must not have heard about the law that was passed years ago...it says any mother with more than one pre-schooler at home does NOT need to have a super neat house (clean but messy is acceptable)

11:17 PM  
Blogger ChristyTN said...

My house is a total disaster too. You spend all your energy and time nurturing your children and giving them activities and fun experiences all day long..something much more important than keeping a clean house. I always feel like there's hardly time to clean or do laundry. When Mark and I are both here, we like to take advantage of that and go somewhere together, so we leave the house in a big mess!

I'm glad that you guys are going to go on a family camping trip! That sounds like something we should do. It's wonderful to get away and go somewhere that you can explore. We have a tent that we put up in the yard a few weeks ago. We may have to try the Catoctin park. It sounds beautiful. Have fun!

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with layla, your schedule is exhausting, who has time for housework! My house was always a disaster when the kids were little too.

7:26 AM  
Blogger David Amulet said...

Cleaning the house is a waste of time. Doesn't it just get dirty again anyway?!?

-- david

8:02 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Barbara - We ended up not going camping, because it was supposed to rain. That was sort of a bummer.

Sometimes my house goes way beyond messy!!

Christy - You always say your house is bad, but I have to beg to differ, yours is soooo much better than mine.

Catoctin is a beautiful place to camp. When you guys are ready I can give you some details on what to do there.

Kat - I could see your point if I was actually working. I don't know how working moms do this. I am totally disorganized and that is part of my down fall (well that and being lazy, sometimes)!

David - You are so right. I wish that I was independently weathly so I could get somebody else to do my dirty work!!!

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home