day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Friday, August 21, 2009

Slavery...

I used to have a myspace page (still do, just don't use it), now I have a Facebook page and I have become enslaved by it. I don't seem to be able to walk past my laptop without checking my page. I am not sure what I think I could have missed, but the urge is so strong that I must check it.

All that being said, I am thankful for it. I have found many old friends and have made some new ones. In some ways, it is my connection with the outside world (lame as that may seem). It seems as I have gotten older, I am more satisfied to be at home. Bob and I have always been very different. He used to want to be alone and I wanted to be with other people, but it seems now that we have changed roles. I am not sure why, maybe it is because the idea of going places with two kids just seems like too much bother. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids and am thankful for them everyday, but sometimes I just want to be alone. Sometimes I joke about not even being able to take a crap by myself. Maybe I am not joking.

I have also found that I have less and less friends as I get older. When I was younger, I was always one of the guys and most of my friends were guys, besides chicks were always too competitive. Now I wish that I had more girlfriends, so that I could have somebody to talk about life with. Sure I have made many "mom" friends, but I have no friends that I just talk to because I need or want to. Friends in many ways are more precious than family (other than Bob or the kids).

So be good to your friends, love them, take care of them and talk to them, they might really need you...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home