day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Absence and wait...

We are home. It is funny how it feels strange to be home for the first few days after you have been away. It is so cold here. In Florida it was at least 85 each day and here well, upper 50's low 60's if we are lucky. I wish that it was warmer here. I want to work outside, but it needs to be a bit warmer.

Since I have been home I have made several calls regarding things that happened before I left for vacation. My car is still not fixed from the accident and will be at least another week. The new glasses that I ordered at the eye doctor (order placed end of March) are still not in and won't be for at least two to three weeks. I had to have a bone scan done on my foot from my accident (possibly fractured). My doctor informed me yesterday that I have to wait about a week for those results. So I returned home only to have to wait for things to happen. I hate to wait for things, so all this waiting is getting under my skin.

I was glad to be home with Sophia. I am not sure if she recognized us at the airport or not. She was a bit hesitant, which concerned me. She was totally spoiled by her grandparents while we were gone. I wouldn't have blamed her if she did not want to come home with us. She has seemed very attached to me since we returned and wants my attention a little more than before. I hope my absence has not made her insecure. I missed her terribly. In the future my times away from her will not be so long or she will go along.

Other than the things mentioned, things here seem rather normal, which after a week of extreme running from here to there, is a blessing. I have been really tired. I think that between not getting much rest on the trip and the pain in my foot, I am pooped. Hopefully, I can get back in to the swing of things with my blog, too. It is good for me to write.

Have a great day!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

It's therapeutic to write, believe me, if there's anyone who can testify to that, it's me.

Hope your ankle heals. Life really does suck when you get away and are forced to confront it once again. They don't call vacations escapism for nothing.

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home