day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Screwed...

OK, so I know it has been a few days, but cut me some slack, it has been a long week. We have been dealing with this car insurance nightmare.

Last week we were told that the car could be fixed. This morning I received a call from the adjuster who says that the car is now being totaled. For the amount they want to give me to total my car, I can not replace it. How crappy! Bob called back and started to haggle, so now they are back to possibly fixing the car. We should know something tomorrow. I basically just want this all to be over.

So if they total, I have to go through the awful process of locating a new car. The bad thing about that is that Bob leaves for Miami on Sunday, so we would have to finalize all this stuff before he leaves.

Buying a car sucks. You never know if you can trust the salesperson. In the back of your mind you are always thinking, "this guy is trying to screw me over." Why does it have to be that way? I guess you could go to Carmax or some place like that (no haggle prices), but their prices are generally higher. So basically they are screwing you, too!

So no matter what the situation in a accident is, your fault or not, you get screwed. The insurance companies try to give you too little for your car and if you do get a good amount then you are screwed by the car dealership for your new car!

So the moral of this story is, don't get into an accident.

Good night!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Amanda Tate said...

What a huge drag. You are right. The stated purpose of the insurance company is to "indemnify" you, which means to return you to the state you were in before the accident. In most cases, the settlements do not come close to returning you to where you were because they are based on current market value and depreciation and all kinds of other factors that can't possibly work to our benefit. It does suck. It just sucks! I hope it all works out before Miami . . .

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got hit once and my car only had like 50,000 miles on it even though it was like seven years old. The car was totalled and it was the other person's fault, but I only got like $2,500 for it from the insurance company because it was an older car. So I lost a good car that I could probably have gotten another 3-4 years. Then I had to pay $1,500 out of my pocket because what they gave wasn't enough to buy a decent car.

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home