day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Sunday, April 03, 2005

I hate losing things...

I know that I have said on several occasions that my house is a mess. Today I found further evidence of this fact. I am constantly losing things, like my cell phone and car keys. I always hate the thought of having to possibly replace these items. Yesterday we had to go to a birthday party for one of Sophia's playmates. We got home around 3:00 or so. By the time we left to go to mass at 5:30 my keys were gone. Keys are a pain in the ass to replace. The key for my current car has some kind of anti-theft chip in it that can only be replaced at the dealership at a cost of $60. or more. Today Bob and I spent a good deal of the day looking for the keys. I started to think that Sophia may have taken them and stashed them someplace (this has happened before). Finally around 11:00 this evening I found them under a pile of papers that Bob and I thought we had each looked under.

I am as usual a victim of my own messiness. I have no idea what causes me to be this way. I have tried to figure it out, but I guess I am just plain lazy. I was raised to be neat, but sometime after I left home, things went horribly wrong. I hope that Sophia will be blessed with a neat streak, but somehow I am doubting that.

I am sitting here watching the Yankees, Red Sox game. I am really not a fan of either team, but can appreciate the spectacular team history of the Yankees. I unfortunately have been an Orioles fan since I was a kid. I was born in Baltimore, but grew up in Pennsylvania, so I always thought of them as my hometown team. What a crappy team to like. I have not really watched baseball faithfully for many years, but the beginning of the season always signals to me that spring is finally here.

It has been so nasty out the last few days. I keep thinking that this rain will be the rain that magically transforms the outside world into a blanket of green. I went to a plant nursery the other day. I am usually mesmerized by the plants that are available. I love to plant flowers and herbs. I am definitely not what you would call a gardener, but I wish that I were. Practice might help, so hopefully the weather will clear up soon so that I can get to work.

I am going to lunch with my crazy mother tomorrow. We both have a birthday this week, so we are getting together to celebrate. Being with my mom is always a chore. We have nothing in common, so decent conversation is always lacking. I always think that I am talking over her head and that I really have to struggle to keep conversation going. It is hard to be in the car with somebody you have known your entire life and have absolutely nothing to say to them. The silence is deafening. She is not close with Sophia either. She never asks to hold her. So I get a little irritated when I see her so detached from Sophia. Maybe, maybe, maybe tomorrow will be different, but don't hold your breath.

Well I am outta here.

Have sweet dreams of a warm spring day!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I misplace things all the time. I once left a cell phone in my pants and it went through the washer. I try to put my keys on the counter right when I walk in so I know where they are at. Also there are about 12 keys and four keychains on mine so that helps them to stand out a little

12:51 PM  
Blogger Ms. Amanda Tate said...

I can't wait to hear about lunch . . .

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home