day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Friday, April 08, 2005

What a long strange trip...

It has been a long couple of days. My back, neck and chest still hurt from the accident. I had a follow-up with my regular doctor this morning and was told that I should start feeling much better over the next day or so.

I have been dealing with insurance companies quite a bit. I had to get a little nasty with one of the insurance adjusters to get a call back. He was really starting to irritate me, because the accident was not my fault and all I wanted was to get some info on getting a rental car. After leaving him a very frustrated message (3rd call to his office), I finally got a call back within 15 minutes. Thankfully, from that point forward, there has been very good response.

I was told this morning that it appears that my car can be fixed. Even though it looked pretty bad, the damage was not as extensive as it first appeared. This makes me extremely happy, because you never really make out when your car is totaled.

I would like to say that I have been productive over the last few days, but honestly I just have not been up to it. I should have used the time to read, but I mostly sat in front of the tube. At this point, I can not even tell you what I have been watching. What a waste. I did have Bob tape the Pope's funeral this morning, but I have only watched part of it. I will probably finish watching it tonight.

I really don't have much else to say. I have been wrapped up in my own little world counting my blessings and being thankful that Sophia was not hurt (thank God for carseats). I have thought a bit about the other driver. According to the police and the insurance adjuster, she was very concerned about Sophia and me. I was glad that she and her grandchildren were not hurt. She seems like a nice lady, so I hope she does not feel too bad, because accidents do happen. Like Amanda said in response to my previous post, a few seconds more or less could have changed everything. It just so happens that on this occasion time was not on her side.

Thanks for the kind words that you left. It means a great deal.

Have a marvelous evening!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home