day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Monday, May 23, 2005

The Yeti...

I do some of my best thinking right before I go to sleep. Last night I thought of something good to write about and then I forgot what it was this morning. I hate when that happens. Sometimes my mind is like a black hole. So unfortunately I can not talk on that subject I thought was so awesome last night!!!

When this happens to me, I think about the following song lyrics:

Standing waist high in snow,
what brought me here I do not know.
Sky is filled with starry scenes
of heroes and their greatest deeds.
Satellites move across the sky,
and every year they multiply.
Father bear is sound asleep
and will be so for several weeks.

Across the plain I see a figure,
every instant growing bigger.
Instinct tells me to run away
while faith proposes that I wave.
He approaches to a rod.
I whisper up a prayer to God.
The stranger asks me with a grin,
"Do you have the time my friend?"

Himalaya is my old time stomping ground
(oh yes, time is of the essence).
Manitoba, better snows I've never found
(oh yes, time is of the essence.)

The author looms above his page
and thinks it strange that at his age
he can not find the proper words
to describe his only world.
One would think that in a life
where no two snowflakes are alike
one would have a brilliant rhyme
for each and every bit of time.

Himalaya is my old time stomping ground
(oh yes, time is of the essence).
Manitoba, better snows I've never found
(oh yes, time is of the essence.)

I am sure that any body who has ever sat down to write something and fails to come up with something brilliant can appreciate these lyrics. It is a fun song and helps me to realize that I am not alone. I really just wish that I could remember what I wanted to write about.

I did see Star Wars over the weekend. I liked it, but I think I want to see it again, before giving my final thoughts. No matter what I thought of the plot, I loved the special effects. I have to admit that I got a little sad (and yes a bit teary eyed) when I saw the end of Anakin. Bob of course laughed at me for this. I am a big baby.

Maybe, I can come up with something better for my next post. Believe it or not, this crappy post took me over an hour to write. For now, enjoy the lyrics (Clutch - The Yeti).

Have a great evening!

7 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Amanda Tate said...

Well, then, Bob can make fun of me, too, and my brother-in-law, Dr. Benton, because we both were very sad at the end of "Episode III." I got a tear, for sure, and I know Peter Benton was just bummed out. My sister thought we were stupid for being so sad, but damn, the end of Anakin was quite depressing! He was truly a victim of love. He loved people too much to let them go, and that was his downfall. And it was a very harsh falling down, I might add. Very harsh.

10:52 AM  
Blogger bob_vinyl said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:44 PM  
Blogger bob_vinyl said...

No. That's not true. He loved himself too much to let Padme go. If he loved her, he would have cared about her more than having her. He would never have traded something she would have gladly died for herself. And that's just what he did. All that she worked for and stood for, he threw away. He was only the victim of self-love. The victim of real love, a giving love, would have sacrificed having her for her beliefs. Anakin did nothing for Padme, but try to possess her. When he couldn't, he tried to kill her. In the end, Anakin was just a brat, spoiled by his own power.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Ms. Amanda Tate said...

I don't see why you need to start out by contradicting me, when all I said was that he was a victim of love. Anakin was a victim of love. Maybe the only kind of love he knew was a selfish, insecure, self-centered love that was possessive and violent and clingy and unable to be selfless because it was rooted in loss and despair. Maybe he did what was right for him and wrong for you or his wife and his kids . . . but that is what makes his choices tragic. Moreover, it takes him years to figure out the error of his ways, but wouldn't you say that in Episode VI, he does come to some understanding of what you describe? He does choose his son over the Emperor, no?

11:32 PM  
Blogger bob_vinyl said...

That's not all you said. In the very next sentence, you said that he "loved people too much to let them go." Can you honestly say you weren't talking about Padme?

3:48 PM  
Blogger Ms. Amanda Tate said...

I can't believe we're using Linda's blog to argue.

I might be going all Sidran on everyone here, but I think the way he couldn't relinquish Padme was due, in large part, to the trauma around his mother's death.

I didn't answer your question. I mean his mother, too. More than his wife. Padme was just an extension of his sense of loss around his mother.

10:06 PM  
Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

My turn to separate Bob from someone, lol!!!!

To think that the first thing that grabbed me in this blog was the Linda was quoting Clutch and I had to make sure I was right!

I won't join the SWIII debate, I wrote a lengthy piece of it on my blog.

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home