day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

A post, at last...

I know that I should have written sooner and in fact, I did, but Blogger lost the post. I got so frustrated that I did not rewrite the post at that time.

Things have been going pretty good. Nicholas has given me the gift of sleep deprivation for Christmas, that along with the fact that I did not wrap a single gift until December 23, I have only been getting about three hours a sleep for the last three to four days. The baby is growing well. His little legs, hands and face are starting to fill out. I sit for hours a day and watch him. He is beautiful, but that could be me just being a mom.

Sophia had a great Christmas. She was running high for several days. She got lots of stuff, including a fish tank, tricycle, dress-up clothes, DVD’s, games, play food, a cash register, and some clothes. Now that Christmas is over, we can no longer use the threat of “Santa is watching” on her. This really sucks, because it worked.

Bob and I did not really give each other gifts this year (we got each one very inexpensive gift), this helped us to save some money. Being a one income family makes the holidays very difficult at times. I have some friends that spend a ton of money, but I refuse to do that. I refuse to use a credit card, just so I can say that I got a bunch of stuff for Christmas.

One of the best gifts that I received for Christmas was the news that a good friend of mine is expecting. I was so surprised and in a way I feel like my family is being extended by this. I look forward to being supportive to my friend and am just so happy for her and her husband.

He had his first bottle of expressed milk today. He drank it like a champ. I was glad it was easy for Bob. This will make it nice for me to get away once in a while. I was so excited that the pumping worked, I always had problems with that when Sophia was a baby.

My friend is coming in from South Carolina with her children this week. I look forward to seeing them. Her oldest is my Godchild and I have not seen him in many years. He is practically grown now, but to me he will probably always seem like a little boy (I am sure he would not want to know this).

I think we will just be staying in for New Years Eve, it would just be too hard with a new baby. We have a few friends who might be stopping by for the evening. This will work great for us, because we can put the kids in bed and still hang out.

We are now starting to plan Nicholas’ Christening. We had about 70 people at Sophia’s, but I think we will have a few more at Nicholas’. I have to find a venue to have the reception afterwards. I hate the idea of spending so much money, but I don’t want to have so many people at Bob’s parent’s house. I will do the food myself, so this will save some money. I will keep you posted on the planning.

I hope that you are all well. Please forgive me for my absence. I am still trying to get used to the new baby and all that goes along with it. Please bear with me!

5 Comments:

Blogger ChristyTN said...

I've been using the threat of "Santa is watching" on MG, too. Now she is right back to being a stinker! I got desperate and said that Santa was going to take all the toys back, but she didn't believe me. :)

7:19 PM  
Blogger Kat Campbell said...

Pap and I have always paid for Christmas with cash too, sucks some of the fun out of the holiday if I have to keep paying for it into the summer. I'm glad to hear you're all doing so well! Sounds like your little man is going to be agreeable.

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new baby. My sister had her baby boy a few days before Christmas. I couldn't resist buying baby clothes for him! I have girls....Enjoy!

4:13 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Cool. Nice haul for Sophia! Score. lol. And Nicholas may have taken to the bottle like a champ, but I also think you're being a good second time new Mom like a champ. :)

And, in Santa's absence, you should introduce Sophia to the threat of eternal Hell after death. No? Okay. lol. ;)

2:56 PM  
Blogger The Management said...

Hey Linda... Sorry I've been out of the loop. Glad to hear things are well with the new baby. Happy New Year.

Dave

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home