day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Thursday, November 23, 2006

5 days to go...

So right now I really feel as though I have been eating all day. This is not a good thing for a Diabetic, but damn it, there was some great food today. My mother in law made the turkey, saurkraut, mashed potatoes, brussels sprouts, bread and pumpkin pie and I made dressing, sweet potatoes with a pecan crust, green bean casserole, broccoli, a pear gingersnap crisp and a toasted coconut chocolate chunk pecan pie. I would have been fine if I would have left the pecan pie alone, but I just could not help myself. It was so yummy. Thanks to my overindulgence the baby probably gained a pound today.

On the baby front, things are going well. Our non-stress test this week went well. I saw my OB doctor yesterday and we went over all the things that I need to know for the delivery next Tuesday. I am not really scared for me at all. I figure if I could survive being in labor for two days with Sophia, followed by a c-section, I can get through anything. That being said, there is always a bit of aprehension when you go to have a major surgery, anything can go wrong. It is funny what you think about in the few moments before you are administered any kind of anethesia. I don't think I will really be worried until Tuesday morning. I have never been good with any kind of needles, so getting an IV is always a challenge. Hopefully, things will just go smoothly, with giving myself insulin injections four times a day, I should be used to that sort of thing by now.

I do worry a bit for the baby. There are some complications that can arrise from both Gestational Diabetes and a c-section. About 25% of babies born by c-section can have some kind of breathing issues. Sophia had this problem and had to spend about 24 hours in the special care nursery. Once all of the fluid cleared from her lungs she was able to come back to the room with us. As far as the Diabetes goes, the baby could have jaundice, breathing issues or hypoglycemia (very low blood sugar). These things can be a bit scary, but I am prepared for them just in case. I am just hoping that we have no issues.

The house is still not quite ready for the new baby, but we have made progress. Poor Bob is working around the clock. He drives about 50-60 minutes each way to work, works eight hours, only to come home and do work at home and help with Sophia. It has not been easy for him. He is one of those people that needs some time to himself to regroup, but he has not had this in weeks. I sort of feel bad about this, but I do know that it is only temporary.

Sophia has been very bratty lately. I really think that this is because she knows she is about to get a sibling. I think she realizes that I can not keep up with her right now and fully takes advantage of that. Some days I am just so tired, I really just would love to crawl back into bed and sleep all day, but gone are the days of sleeping in. When I was pregnant with Sophia, my last day of work was September 5 and Sophia was not born until September 21, so this gave me about two weeks to relax and rest. I would love to have that now.

My friend (Sophia's Godmother) took me to brunch last weekend, because she knew that it would be awhile until I have a chance to get out on my own. We went to Gertrude's at the Baltimore Museum of Art. The food was wonderful. It would be a great place to take a date. After brunch we walked around the museum. It was nice not having to worry about chasing Sophia. It was just nice being away from home for an afternoon and great to have some adult conversation.

I feel really bad about not posting sooner. I tried to post the other day, but my whole post went missing. This is the second time in a row that this has happened to me. To be honest, I get so pissed off when this happens that I get stubborn and will not post. It seems that I have had these sort of problems since I switched to the Google Beta, I am hoping that the problems will decrease soon.

I hope that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I know I did.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger ChristyTN said...

I'm glad that you had a nice Thanksgiving and got to indulge in some delicious food! MMMM it sounded so good! Our food was so tasty that I ate way too much and had to take Pepto-bismol for a tummy ache last night. It was worth it, though!

I'm very excited for you that baby Lange will be here soon! We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers on Tuesday!

I have to say that MG has been extra bratty lately too. She was feeling better this week after having the stomach virus, but she was still wanting all that extra attention that she got while sick. She has been trying to jump on MB. We've resorted to taking her blankies and favorite toy away from her when she's bad. That's the only thing that's working right now. Sigh.

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just five more days, so exciting! Luckily, new born babies don't care much about what their house looks like! It's amazing the number of additional things we start worrying about once we're mothers. You're in my prayers!

1:23 AM  
Blogger Ivey's Mom said...

Yeah, 5 more days. The baby will come home whether or not the house is ready. Just enjoy your next few days that you do not have to get up twice during the night.
Gwen

1:42 PM  
Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

I'm wishing you the best of luck, Linda. I should've just inquired here instead of asking Bob how you're making out, lol... It sounds quite chaotic over there and I'll pray (assuming I don't fall asleep in the middle of it) for the new one's health and yours. Sounds like a nice Thanksgiving...same here, just equally nuts and I don't have half of your guys' responsibility. Weird how the playing field is sometimes the same under different conditions. Peace to you all...

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home