day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Sunday, November 26, 2006

A little Christmas cheer...

I was blog tagged by Claire over at Cooking is medicine. This was a fun survey to do and made me think about the upcoming Christmas holiday. By the way, check the bottom to see if you have been tagged by me. I would love to see your responses on your blog.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Our presents are always wrapped.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? We used to have all white lights on our Christmas Tree, but after Sophia arrived we switched to color for her benefit. It looks pretty nice, though.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No. My Grandparents used to hang it between the living room and dining room when I was a kid.

5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually the first weekend of December, but this year, it may have to wait until the second week, since this coming weekend will be the first with our new baby.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? In my family we usually had a Thanksgiving type dinner. I always make brunch for Christmas morning now. I loved Egg Nog French Toast.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? I loved going to my Mother’s parent’s house. I grew up in PA and they lived in MD. It was always fun to see my cousins that lived in MD. One year I swear we watched Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer something like 20 times.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I can not remember. I am sure it was because I saw something that my parents had bought that I later got under the tree. I would think I was probably like 8 or 9.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We always open one gift on Christmas Eve.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Our Christmas Tree has a very “Old World European” feel to it. I think at least 70% of our tree is glass ornaments. Each year I try to pick up something new that is very unusual or of a color that I don’t currently have on the tree. I love the way the lights look on the glass. We also have Victorian tin tinsel on the tree. My husband hates to put tinsel on the tree.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love to look at it, hate to drive in it. This is mostly because people don’t know how to drive in the snow.

12. Can you ice skate? No, but I’ll bet you would have fun watching me, if I tried. I have never been very graceful.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? This is a hard one. Each year Bob manages to get me something that is really surprising. I love things that are sentimental, like a charm for a bracelet or a little girl necklace pendant that Bob bought me when Sophia was born.

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Family and going to mass. Before Sophia arrived, I loved going to midnight mass, the music and feeling made everything seem so magical. Now that we have Sophia and soon to have another, we go when we can, it is just to hard to take little ones to a late mass.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Christmas cookies, especially these deep-fried Polish cookies (Chrusciki) that we make every year. They are covered in powdered sugar and go great with a cup of tea.

16. What tops your tree? Needle point angel.

17. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving, especially to kids. We buy a bunch of stuff for Toys for Tots every year.

18. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I love “Oh, Holy Night” and “Carol of the Bells.”

19. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?? Yum.

20. What do you serve for Christmas dinner? We usually hang out at home, so we keep things simple. We usually have shrimp salad, rolls, potato salad, pasta salad, chips and cookies. We do this so that everything can be done ahead of time and when somebody wants to eat they can just grab something. It makes it easier to sit back and enjoy time with your family.

Okay, so here are the people that I tag...

Ray of Pulses, Verses and Other Flotsam
Rev. Brandy of Bemused Musings from Baltimore
Christy of Wishy Washy Wonderland
Ryan of Smile Like You Mean It
Kat of Kat's Random Thoughts
Mimi of Mind of Mimi

Now get to work!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Fun, fun! I love Christmas cookies, too! Glad you did it. Hope tomorrow goes well and that your little bundle is here safely!

8:19 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Cool meme! I'll do it pretty soon. I haven't banged out all my blogging material from thanksgiving yet. lol.

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home