day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

13 days and counting...

I had actually written a post the other day, but some how or another, it was lost, I was discusted and decided to wait to post.

Sunday a group of my friends, my mother-in-law and Sophia all threw a surprise baby shower for me. They took me out to my favorite Chinese restaurant and gave me lots of wonderful gifts. I was so embarressed when I got to the restaurant that I actually turned around and started to walk back out. I don't embarrass easily, but I am not surprised that often either. Bob's mom picked up a cake from my favorite bakery (very yummy with chocolate mousse between the layers of cake). I splurged and had a piece, and despite the high blood sugar it caused, it was so worth it. I don't realize it every day, but I am so lucky to have such a great group of friends.

Bob found out the sex of the baby Sunday morning, so at least we are moving closer to a baby's name. I will keep it a secret from you guys for now. It will give you something to wonder about. For those of my readers who do know the sex, please keep it a secret for now. I will be in the hospital for four days, so don't look for a post until after 12/1 or 12/2, unless the hospital has wireless, which I don't think that it does, but I would love if it did.

I am getting pretty excited. I did finally start to pack my bag today. I have so much to do around here, but am totally slacking right now. I do things, but at a very leisurely pace.

Monday I went for my second fetal non-stress test. The baby did not cooperate, so it took twice as long as normal. I was trying really hard to hear the baby's heartbeat, but the woman in the bed across from mine had her TV on so loud, I could barely hear. The nurse eventually went over and turned down the TV, so that we could hear. She was watching some trashy Maury Povich show. I hate those kind of shows, anyway. The test results were great, we just had to work for them.

I am still dealing with the diabetes thing day by day. Yesterday was a perfect day as far as blood sugar goes. So far today has been good, too! They have made some adjustments to my insulin and I have to contact the Diabetes educator every other day to give her my results. I have lost a few more pounds this week. I was holding steady at my last appointment, but I did not feel well on Monday and I think that might be when I lost weight. I was giving myself an injection at lunch today and noticed a nice size bruise on the left side of my stomach. I try to rotate the area where I inject, but with a huge stomach in your way, a new spot seems hard to reach. A few of my friends are totally grossed out that I have to inject in my sides so close to the baby, but I keep telling them that it is really not as close as you think.

I had a slight scare the other night. I had not been feeling the baby move for awhile, so I started to count kicks and after about an hour or so, I finally got a few movements out of the baby. He/she must have been very tired. It was scary and I think I scared poor Bob to death. This was on Monday night, but yesterday and today, the baby has been very active. Now Bob asks me all the time if I have been feeling the baby move. I guess this is the hard part of being an expectant father.

Well I have gone on long enough. I hope you are all well!!!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Amanda Tate said...

The shower was so much fun. It was great to see you looking so well and feeling so good. I'm glad you are getting so close to the impending arrival of Thing Two. Can't wait to meet Baby Lange. Talk to you soon . . . !

3:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a blessing it is to have such great friends! I'm glad that they succeeded in surprising you. Enjoy your last couple weeks of one child and then enjoy your life with two!

11:50 AM  
Blogger Kat Campbell said...

Oh you are wicked meany! We're supposed to wait until December to know whether its a boy or girl? My five all got very still right before they were born. Scared me to death!

7:00 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

My Mom used to eat Toll Houses crackers or something everytime she needed to feel my bro kick. I, however, kicked the shit out of her. Maybe that's why HE got breast fed, and got the bottle. Oh yeah, I still resent it. If I turn out to be gay, it's her fault. You know that's how that works, don't you? :)

Haha. I'm just playing with ya. 8 days left! Wow! I hope you have a kick-ass birth, babe. ;)

12:00 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Mimi - Thanks for your support. I will make sure that I get a post out somehow about the baby, hopefully with a picture.

Brandy - As always, it was great to see you. We need to get together more often.

Claire - My friends are wonderful and I am so thankful for them. I will enjoy life with two kids, but I know this will be crazy for awhile.

Kat - If you must know the sex, you can email me and I will let you know, but you only have a few days left!

Ryan - Some guys have all the luck I guess! At this point, I just want all of this delivery stuff over with. Thanks for the good wishes!

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home