day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

What a week...

I am sitting here more tired than you can possibly imagine. On more than one occasion in the past week, I have fallen asleep in the chair where I now sit, to be woke up to the sound of, "Wake up Mommy" or "Why are you sleepy, Mommy." I wish that I wasn't, but it can not be helped. I would love to just have two days to do nothing, but sleep, but that is not going to happen any time soon.

I have been so busy since last week. I volunteered at preschool again last Thursday. The kids are all so sweet. It is funny to see how each of them have these adorable little quirks. One little girl is obsessed with the color pink. She is so obsessed that she will actually pocket something if it is pink and take it home with her. Another little boy loves vacuum cleaners. He will walk around playtime with a vacuum, even if he plays with other toys it stands guard right beside him.

Friday night we went to a friends birthday party and we did not get home until after 2:00. I had to be up by 7:30 the next day, so I was so tired. I am not used to being up late, especially right now. I am sure that it will be different in about six months. It was great to be around some other adults. I had a good time talking about things other than the children's TV programs that are currently playing or arguing with Sophia about what to eat for lunch. It was a much needed diversion and was worth it, even though I was so tired on Saturday.

Saturday night Sophia had a Halloween party to go to. She had so much fun. She loves a party. She danced, played games and of course ate food that was bad for her. She actually got sick twice during the night. I am sure that this was because she ate too much candy and other sweet stuff. She definitely loves to eat sweets.

Sunday we went to mass and then I had some special stuff that I had to do for the Christmas Bazaar at the Church. This consisted of going through what seemed like a mountain of junk and getting it ready for the White Elephant sale during the bazaar. Again, I was wiped out.

Monday was spent getting ready for Halloween. Bob's parents,a few friends and their kids and Sophia's Godparents stopped by to help us celebrate. Sophia had fun walking around with her friends and loved getting candy. I had made some yummy party type foods, but as usual, Sophia was not interested in them, she really wanted to eat junk. Once again, she threw up. This time it was all down the front of her very pretty made by Grammy Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz costume. It was pretty yucky. Thankfully, it was not very smelly.

On a pregnancy note, the Gestational Diabetes is still kicking my ass. As of tonight I have to start taking Insulin injections at bedtime. I had a class at the hospital today that went over how to do the injections. I am so nervous about it. I keep telling myself that I only have four weeks to go and that I will be able to handle it. I know one thing is for sure, I could never be a drug addict who uses needles.

My crazy mother called me at 7:00 this morning. Anybody who knows me knows that I am never up that early. If I would have known it was her, I would have let the call go to voice mail. Keep in mind that this is the first time that I have really spoke to my mother since April. She has known about me being pregnant since August, but has not said anything until now. She wanted to come for a visit, I told her that it would not work, because I had a class at the hospital today, but did not tell her why. I know it may sound horrible and selfish, but I really can't and won't deal with her right now. I just want to get through this pregnancy without any drama from her. She makes me so uncomfortable that I really don't want her to be around. I really just wish that I could explain to her why she bothers me. I have tried in the past, but it always falls on deaf ears. Her condition, much like an addicts, can only be helped if she can admit that she has problems and she is so trapped in her own little dream world that she just won't do that. The sad thing is that I really don't want to hurt her feelings.

Well, wish me luck, I have about an hour until I have to take the insulin. I will probably be freaking out!

I hope that you had a wonderful halloween. Take care!!

3 Comments:

Blogger ChristyTN said...

I hope that giving yourself a shot wasn't too bad. That first time must have been difficult. I'm afraid that I'd have to have Mark give me the shot. He said that he'd have no problem with poking me with a needle! Maybe it's all those horror movies he watches :) I've always had a problem with needles unfortunately, although it has gotten better since having kids.

You did great walking around to all the houses trick-or-treating! I couldn't make it to all of them last year when I was pregnant. I felt like I was lugging around a bowling ball!

The kids at the Sophia's preschool sound so cute! There's a little boy at MG's preschool who loves corn on the cob. I've seen him several times pretending that the playdough rolling pin is an ear of corn that he's pretending to eat. That's so funny about the little girl who's obsessed with pink! It's fun seeing how unique their personalities are even at such a young age.

I feel that way about MB too. He's just so jolly and comical. I think he's going to be a little clown. He keeps us all laughing. He was making us laugh doing something yesterday and MG said "You little rascal!"

Sophia was an adorable Dorothy! I hope that you'll get to post her picture!

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So nice to see you back! Whew, what a whirlwind of a week. I'm with you on the needle thing, I have this aversion to inflicting pain on myself. I hope it went okay, and it is only four more weeks. How exciting!

6:07 AM  
Blogger Ivey's Mom said...

You have had an interesting week...
Enjoy what is left of the pregnancy, if you can get past being tired.... Moms can do that to all of us :) I just try to keep a memtal journal of "Things to NOT Do Like My Mom". :)

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home