day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Play...

I am never really ready to admit that Sophia is no longer a baby. I still call her baby when I talk to her. I guess just like all parents say about their children, she will always be my baby.

A sure sign of her maturing is the fact that two or three times now we have had the little girl across the street knock on the door and say, "Can Sophia come out to play?" It hard for me to think about her wanting to play on her own without me. I know that it is a natural thing to want to be away from your parents, but I am not sure if I am going to like it.

For now I can rely on the fact that this is a few years away (hopefully). For now I will just enjoy watching her interact with the neighborhood kids. Hopefully, she will be a good friend and playmate to those around her.

This past weekend we took Sophia on her first camping trip. We all had fun. She went hiking, climbed some small rocks and looked for crayfish in a stream with Bob. Other than the fact it was hot and humid, it was a weekend to remember. There is nothing better than waking up and hearing the birds sing and smelling a campfire. I can not wait to take her again.

Bob and I have been camping together since before we were married. The first time I went camping was with him. I am glad that we both enjoy it and am also glad to be sharing our experiences with Sophia. I hope that she will understand that the world is a beautiful place and that she knows that she is part steward in preserving such beauty.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Amanda Tate said...

I didn't know until I read your earlier post that mentioned camping that you and Bob liked camping so much. I should have figured, since you are such natural travelers and explorers (as evidenced by your awesome expeditions and photographic chronicles of the same). I think it's great that you have started Sophia on something you love so much, and are choosing to teach her to invest in preserving the beauty of this world. Very cool, just like the two of you.

I can honestly say that I've only been camping once. I didn't like it so much. I think my idea of camping is getting crappy room service or eating at an outdoor cafe and fighting the bugs. Not really the "outdoorsy" type.

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home