day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Friday, January 19, 2007

Chunky Monkey...

I had written a post and stupid Blogger lost it. I swear that I never had so much trouble before the switch to the new format. Anyway, I digress...

I had to take Nicholas to the doctor yesterday. He weighed 11 lbs 9 oz. He is now 7 weeks old and when he was 2 weeks old he weighed 8 lbs 4 oz. The doctor said, "Boy, he is growing." I knew he was getting bigger, but I did not know it was that much.

Poor Nicholas has this condition called Anal Stenosis and because of straining, he has a small tear in his hiney. This is a condition that physically makes it hard for him to poop. His little opening is too small, so he is on a regimen of twice daily anal dilatation, corn syrup, Vaseline and suppositories when needed. Poor guy cries out when he has to go. I feel really bad for him. The doctor feels that things will get better within a few months. I have read where kids with this condition may have to have surgery.

I got to take a nice hot bath last night after Sophia went to bed. I actually got to shave my legs, I was beginning to feel like a Sasquatch. My time was cut short though, because Nicholas was needing me. He definitely favors me over anybody else. I keep telling Bob that is has nothing to do with him, but has to do with me being a milk dispenser.

It is so windy here today. It is trash day and our damn trash can is blown over. Hopefully, diapers won't blow down the street. Trash guys won't pick anything up that is on the ground, so hopefully, it won't be too bad, because I can't go out to pick up. It times like this when I wish I could have trained the dog to do those sort of things for me.

My planning for the Christening has moved forward and I am done with most of the things I can do for right now. I have started to get RVSP calls already. I look forward to this special day, but not all of the work.

I hope that all is well and warm where ever you are. Take care!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big strapping little man! I'm so sorry to hear about his poop problems, as if it isn't hard enough being a baby!

7:54 PM  
Blogger Ivey's Mom said...

Good to hear about the little one. Glad you have gotten a much needed mom bath. take advantage of those. hope you get some sleep

5:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! Big boy...are you getting him ready for football? Just kidding. Sorry he's having such BM problems. Lots of babies have problems with getting the muscle stuff together but anal stenosis is a whole different matter. Hope everything works out soon. Enjoy your baths!

7:44 PM  
Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

Poor Nicholas! That's tough stuff to contend with as a newborn. I hope it works itself out.

12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home