day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Monday, January 22, 2007

It's here, it's not here, it's here again...

I am referring to winter. It has been such a mild winter that my daffodils are actually popping out of the ground. I wished for some snow and now that I have, I realize that with the snow also comes colder weather. That would be fine, if I did not get sick because of the weather change. So this morning I sit here thankful that we finally got a bit of snow (less than an inch), but miserable, because my throat hurts.

Bob has a routine of saying goodbye to Sophia right before he leaves for work. Last night I asked him to kiss her goodbye earlier than normal, because when he normally does it, she wakes up. I am happy to report that my plan worked, because she did not get up until 9:15. She usually gets up around 7:30, so this gave me some extra sleep.

Nicholas is sitting in his little seat and was happy until he got the hiccups a few minutes ago, so now I have to cut this short. He is a good little fellow, but the hiccups piss him off.

Anybody watch football??? What do you think of the Bears, Colts lineup? I was actually rooting for the saints, but the bears are okay. I was hoping that the Colts would win. This will really piss of a good deal of football fans in Maryland, because a large number of people in Maryland are still not over the Colts leaving Baltimore in the 80's. I love Peyton Manning, so I was glad that he finally gets a chance to win a Super Bowl.

So there you have it. I hope you are all well.

8 Comments:

Blogger Claire said...

DID WATCH THE GAMES! Yep! I was rooting for the Saints, too (what MS girl wouldn't) but I'm okay with the Bears. If the Colts hadn't won I would have been really upset. normally I "watch" the games while studying. The way the Colts played last night ruined that plan...I couldn't double task. it was a good game.

2:51 PM  
Blogger ChristyTN said...

I normally don't watch football, but have been watching the playoffs. It's been exciting! I like Peyton Manning, too. He was playing at UT when I was living in TN.

This is an unusual morning. Both kids are still sleeping and it's almost 9:00am! I had time for a shower, breakfast, watching TV and now reading blogs! I kind of needed this little break. :) I hope that you've been able to find a little extra rest here and there. It's hard when two kids are on different schedules.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Mimi said...

Sorry I do not watch fooseball;-) I watch the Superbowl fo rthe commercial and food.

My Bink gets the hiccups ALL the time. He gets them really loud. But he never seems to notice them. Funny your lil guy does not like them.

Keep warm!

2:21 PM  
Blogger Kat Campbell said...

I was wishing for snow too. We got it, now I spend all day drying off the dogs feet, and putting the grandgirls mittens and socks in and out of the dryer.

10:05 PM  
Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

I also rooted for the Saints...oh well, not to be. Winter's pissed me off in the small capacity it's been here. Definitely the sickness you mentioned since I had my stomach bout and Ardisse went to the hospital for 3 days and then I ran off the road in that storm last year and banged the front of my truck, so I don't care if I ever see winter again and I mean it.

I don't know who I want to win the SB, just that Prince is playing and it's all good. I know Baltimore was dying for the Ravens to get there and the possibility of Prince doing "Purple Rain" during the show. I sometimes also get into that "let the city suffer" since many of the fans here are real jerks, so if the Colts win, so be it. Peyton's worked hard; let's not have him be another Marino who should've had a ring for his efforts.

12:48 AM  
Blogger Ivey Elizabeth Sirmans said...

Can't say the Georgia is quite so cold. Mild here compared to there. Glad to see you are surviving the first few months with a new born with zeal.

10:26 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Claire - I have two words for you, "Go Colts." My husband is boycotting the game, because he things Peyton is a playoff choker.

Christy - I love Peyton's commercials!

Mimi - I love the commercials, too. At least if the game sucks, you have something to fall back on.

Kat - Sophia is wearing her pj's inside-out right now, because a nun at our church told her that this is how you wish for snow. We did get a dusting last night, so she is completely jazzed.

Ray - I knew you would be happy that Prince was playing. Football, commercials, and Prince, a great combo.

Gwen - It sounds like yucky weather is on its way to you guys tonight. Thanks for the compliment. Some days I am so tired, I don't feel like I am surviving,

11:19 AM  
Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

Indeed, I'm all over it just for Prince, if not for what should be a pretty good game! I'm glad that Joe Greene's Coke commercial won for the seventh straight year in the best Super Bowl commercials contest, and not just because it's Steelers-oriented. I love that commercial just for its message.

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home