day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

to sleep, to dream...

Sorry that this photo is so grainy. Bob took it early one morning before leaving for work. I have actually taken up sleeping on the couch. This is good for a couple of reasons. First, it lets Bob get sleep, because the baby won't wake him and second it gets me some extra sleep, because I don't have to hear Bob hitting the snooze button ten times in the morning. Nicholas usually sleeps in a little bed beside the couch, but on this particular morning, he must have needed a cuddle. I'll cuddle as long as he goes back to sleep. Right now Nicholas is eating every 1 1/2 to 2 hours, which means that I am up a good deal. I am hoping that it is just a growth spurt and things will calm down a bit. I have never had a picture of myself on here before. I hate the way I look in photos.

Speaking of growth spurt, Nicholas had his two month well baby visit on Monday. He is still on the rapid growth track. Here are his stats...

Weight 12 lbs 7 oz (up from 11 lbs 9 oz, just under two weeks ago) - 75 percentile
Height 23 3/4 in (up from 19 1/2 at birth) - 89 percentile

He had to get four shots which have made him just a bit cranky. Last evening he was awake for several hours before finally crashing around 11:00. He is looking at me and crying right now. I know he is dry, fed and has been loved this morning, so it may still be the shots. I will have to consult the paperwork from the doctor's office.

I will have to get some recent photos of Sophia and post. I have neglected to do so in a while.

Bob came home sick yesterday and is off today. He has some sort of stomach virus. He never takes a sick day, so he must be feeling pretty bad.

We have less than two weeks until the Christening. Things are coming together nicely. I can't wait to get it over with. Sophia and I got our hair cut over the weekend, so that we won't look like a couple of "Cousin Its." I have to get Bob's suit to the cleaners. I am also taking his shirt to get laundered, because the shirt just looks nicer when they do it (plus I hate to iron). Nicholas is wearing Bob's Christening outfit. We tried it on him and he looked so cute. I have ordered the subs and cake. My hardest days will be next Thursday and Friday when I have to do all of my food preparation. I will make sure to take lots of pictures!

I just wanted to check in. I hope that you all are well. I have to go, Nicholas really needs me!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Nicholas is just precious! Sounds like you're going to have a tall little boy...tall and thin! The shots now-a-days don't really cause that many problems (I heard this SO many times each day this summer!) but he might be a little sore from getting FOUR!!!! Hope you get some sleep soon and that everything comes together for the Christening.

6:21 PM  
Blogger Kat Campbell said...

That is a beautiful picture! I was shocked that they were giving baby shots 4 at a time too. Poor Brendolyn cried real tears for the first time. Your sleep schedule is a killer, hopefully he'll start eating more at once so you both can get more sleep.

11:48 PM  
Blogger ChristyTN said...

That's a sweet picture. He looks so comfortable and content! I remember the first time Metal Girl was really sick when she was about 6 months old. That was the only way I could get her to sleep. What happened to those days of cuddling? Now I sometimes hear "Don't touch me Mommy!" :) Sometimes she'll give hugs and kisses...especially lots to little brother.

I really hated it when both kids got those four shots all at once. It just breaks my heart to hear them crying out. MB doesn't like to go to the doctor. I guess he must have some memory of something not so pleasant happening there. He gets upset even though the doctor we see is so nice.
I know that you must be so tired with Nicholas nursing so frequently. MB nursed alot like that. I was so lucky with MG because she would sleep 5 hours at a time!!! With MB, I remember thinking "Thank goodness, I got a whole hour of sleep!" Every little bit of sleep was precious.

Hope that Bob's stomach virus gets better fast! It's no fun having that. Hope that your cold is all better too.

6:20 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Claire - I hope that he is tall, but it seems like the men in our family are just of average height. Some of the women, however, are 5' 10", which is tall for a women. Sophia is tall and thin now and the peditrician thinks she will continue on this vein. I struggle with weight issues, so no matter how tall the kids are, I hope that they will not be overweight.

Kat - Yeah, this sleep schedule is not good. I keep telling myself that it will only be for a few months. I am sure I will miss our late nights together, once he starts to sleep through the night. He was not happy about the shots. She gave him the first two shots in the right leg, so he thought she was done and stopped crying and then when she started on the left leg, he was beside himself. Sophia always stopped crying right away, it took Nicholas a few minutes longer to stop.

Christy - Thankfully, Sophia still likes to cuddle, sometimes. I think this has gotten a bit more prevelant since Nicholas has arrived. I love to nap with a baby on my chest. There is not a better feeling in the entire world. It is also fun to watch them dream and breathe while they are sleeping. I always wonder what they are thinking about.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

why don't I have trouble believing Bob hits the snooze button ten times in the morning? :) I think this is a cute pic, BTW

12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home