day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Friday, February 09, 2007

Stinkin' Doodle Doll...



If you have access to a little girl you might be familiar with a toy called a Doodle Doll. Sophia has two. They are a doll that you can write on with special markers that when you are finished doodling on them, they get thrown in the washer to be cleaned. Seems like a good idea, huh???

As my few readers know, Nicholas is being Christened this Saturday. It is a fairly big to do with in excess of 80 people coming. Sophia has a beautiful new dress that we purchased at Macy's. Keep in mind that the dress is sleeveless.

Tonight around midnight Sophia woke up calling for me. I was busy with a task for the Christening, so Bob went up to help her. Next thing I know, he brings her down to me so that I can see what she has done to herself. Apparently, she found both a purple and hot pink Sharpie and went to town on herself as if she were a Doodle Doll. She in fact told Bob that it would come off, like a Doodle Doll. I almost cried.
I am here to tell you that Sharpies don't say they are permanent for nothing. I scrubbed and it was still there. I can hide the belly, back and legs, but the arms are another story. I am just hoping that I can get her to take a long bath tomorrow and it will come off.
I know that I will look back on this and laugh. Even now I can see the humor in the situation. I particularly loved how she was able to get marker on her back. She also paid special attention to her belly button area (she now sports a very dark purple belly button). She was sad, because I got so mad and then I felt bad. After her bath I made sure to hug her and tell her that I loved her, because I do, despite the Sharpie.
Oh well, just another day with a crazy preschooler. If you got little kids around, make sure that they can't get to the permanent markers. Learn from my mistakes, please!
Take care and stay warm!

7 Comments:

Blogger Kat Campbell said...

Oh my gosh, Linda! I KNEW there was a reason I never bought one of these for Juliette! I am impressed at the art on her back...that had to be tricky!

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! Now I'd better hide all Sharpies in our house. I know that you really will think this is funny one day. She's very artistic!!

When I was in highschool, my friend's little four year old brother wrote with permanent marker on his face. He colored his eyebrows black and had a mostache and beard! I know they scrubbed most of it off somehow, but couldn't get it all out of the eyebrows, so he looked like Groucho Marx for a few days.

11:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Have you tried using nail polish remover or something like that? Maybe eye make-up remover? Don't know if it would work, but it's an idea! My cousin and I did that once (with REGULAR markers) to our faces so that our faces would look like clowns. For some reason I think we also tried coloring our teeth...parents took a picture before we got in trouble...we were probably 6 or so! :-)

1:00 AM  
Blogger Ivey's Mom said...

You will look back on this and laugh one day. You will have a great story to tell your grandchildren!! I hope the Christening is magical.

3:24 PM  
Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

i'm sorry, I couldn't help but laugh really hard...I know that had to have been frustrating, but God, that's funny! Thanks for the invite today, real nice reception!

8:14 PM  
Blogger Ms. Amanda Tate said...

OMG.

Laughing so hard. I love the expression on her face as you are taking her picture.

9:54 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Kat - I know she totally had fun doing it. I think it might have been fun watching her do it, espicially her back and belly button.

Christy - My friend in SC son wen to town on his face a few weeks ago. She sent me her tips on removal that worked for her.

Claire - My friend says that nail polish remover worked on her son, but did say that it dried his skin out. I used a Body Shop salt scrub that not only scrubbed, but moisturised, I think that it helped. I'll bet your mother had a fit when she saw the damage that you and your cousin had made. I never did markers, but liked to play with scissors.

Gwen - The Christening was wonderful with about 75 people in attendence. I am already laughing at the Sharpie incident, but I don't want Sophia to know it.

Ray - Thanks for the compliment. It was nice seeing you!

Brandy - Not only did she have a funny look on her face at one point she said "Cheese, " it sort of made me mad, but it was cute. Thankfully, no harm was done in the end. Her dress and tights hid her sins.

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home