day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Vinny Update...

Vinny had a rough day yesterday. I started crying when we went to visit him last night. He had loose bowels and was throwing up yesterday, which is not a good sign, so they gave him medicine to calm his stomach. They have also put a medication in his IV to increase the blood flow to his kidneys.

Late last night we called the ASPCA Animal Poison Control (we had to call there before he went to the vet to get a case number, because he had been poisoned) and they said that the treatment he is receiving is right on and as long as he continues to urinate, there is hope. So we felt a bit better after hearing this.

Bob went down to walk him this morning, while he didn't look great, he seemed a bit better. He had stopped throwing up and they actually had a bit of turkey for him to eat in his cage. He did urinate. They were doing his blood work again today. We will get the results late this afternoon and we will go visit him again tonight.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Metal Mark said...

We will be praying for him.

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Vinny! I knew raisins were toxic to dogs. But I did not kno wit could make them so terribly sick! My two get a hold of a tiny bit of chocolate now and then by accident. It never seems to phase them. But I guess if Vinny got the whole bag that is a lot worse. I will pray for Vinny. I am a animal lover and dogs are my fav. Give him a nose kiss from me!:)

9:52 PM  
Blogger ChristyTN said...

I hope that Vinny will be ok. I had no idea that raisins were toxic and that the other foods on the e-mail list were too. We'll keep you guys in our prayers.

11:17 PM  
Blogger Ms. Amanda Tate said...

Thanks for keeping us all posted. I know this is so hard for you. This is so harrowing.

I am hopeful that it all turns out as a cautionary tale . . .

All my love and support . . .

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home