day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Pink eye, snot, headaches, oh my...

There are some childhood things I managed to miss in my life, including Pink Eye, which for some reason I managed to get this week. It is so gross!!! Thankfully, it is getting better, but the Upper Respiratory Infection that I have is still making me feel like crap. I have this headache that borderlines on migraine. If I bend over, cough, sneeze or hear loud noises my head feels like it will explode. Also every time I bend over snot comes out of my nose (I really had no way to not make that sound disgusting). I just have to deal with the headache, because I am nursing I can only take Tylenol and that does not seem to be helping right now. The doctor did say that if it does not get better in a day or so to call back.

Both of the kids also have colds. Nicholas is out of luck. Since he is under six months of age there is nothing they can do for a cold. Sophia has a prescription waiting for her at the pharmacy. She has to have special cold medicine, because the over the counter stuff makes her hyper, which as you all know, she does not need anything additional to make her hyper.

So now I am getting ready to head out to the store and pharmacy. I would rather that my eyes be used for pin cushions instead, but it has to be done. I could wait and have Bob run out, but I want to get Sophia's medicine into her right away.

We are going to a Fairie Festival next week and I am working on getting Sophia's costume together. I will make sure to post pictures. Sophia always looks so cute when she goes. The costumes that people wear are so elaborate. I will try to get a few shots of other costumes. People are very serious about the festival. This is the third year that Sophia has gone. She looks forward to it for weeks ahead of time, which is a huge amount of time for a three year old.

Unfortunately, my life is pretty mundane right now, so I have nothing else to really offer.

I forgot to mention that I am on a quest to watch the American Film Institutes top 100 movies of all time. I have watched about 37 of the movies so far. Bob got me two books about movies for my birthday and I am considering getting NetFlix to help me on my way. I love movies, but I don't always observe them, so in addition to watching the movies, I want to understand them as well.

So here is a question for you guys. What is your favorite movie of all time and why? That can be a very hard question for me, because the movie changes from time to time. Right now it is probably "The Big Libeowski". I have watched this movie so many times that I can quote it. Another of my favorites has got to be "The Godfather." I will think about this question for myself and answer it as well. It may take several days!!!

I am going to take advantage of a few quiet moments while Nicholas is sleeping and Sophia is involved with "Jack's Big Music Show" to close my eyes for a few moments.

I hope you all are well.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy cow, I was all set to come over and sleep in your dog bed to escape my crazy life and there you are sick! Get better Linda, that sounds like one wicked infection. My favorite movie of all time is Last of the Mohicans, closely followed by Its A Wonderful Life.

2:42 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

OMG a Fairie Festival!?!?!?!?!? WHERE??? Do they have a website?!?!? I NEED TO GO TO THAT!!!

as far as the movie....it's WAY to hard for me to pick one. I'd have a hard time coming up with a top ten.

1:06 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Kat - You better stay away for now!! I will have to check out Last of the Mohicans. I think I may have seen part of it years ago. Bob worked at a video store when he was in college in the early 90's, so I got to see many movies at that time, so it possible that I may have seen it.

Jenn - First, thanks for stopping by. There is a web page for the Fairie Festival it is www.fairiefestival.net. There is a section that shows pictures from previous years. If you got to my post from May 16th of 2006, you can see Sophia's costume. She had a ball.

Lists are better for me, because I am so not good at decisions. I will also have a hard time with an absolute favorite.

4:28 PM  
Blogger bob_vinyl said...

Mine was Star Wars until I realized it was crap. It only took me 25 years to figure that out.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Ivey's Mom said...

Whew!

I hope things brighten up around your house and soon!!

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home