day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Clarity...

Have you ever been driving and look out the window and all of the sudden have a rare moment of clarity? Not a moment where all that ails is fixed, but a moment that is just peaceful.

It snowed here yesterday and it was one of those snows that coats the roads, trees and well just about everything. I had dropped Sophia off to preschool this morning and was leaving to go to Target to pick up a few things. I was driving down the road and for some reason I just sort of looked around me. It was beautiful. The sun was shinning and there was still snow in the trees. I thought to myself that it seemed peaceful, so I turned off the radio and made the rest of my journey in just the quietness of my car with the only sound being the hum of my engine. I really wanted to stop right in the middle of the road, roll down the windows and turn off the engine so that I could be a part of the peace that I was witnessing. It made me smile.

Often I find myself overlooking these moments, maybe I am too busy, maybe I am just ignorant, I don't know. It made me realize that clarity can come in many forms and that I need to enjoy it when it happens. I need to stop worrying about every little thing that comes along and be a good example to my kids. I need to help them understand the beauty in every day things and make them take the time to appreciate them.

I have been complaining about the snow and ice, but today I realized that there was something good in it after all. I guess it is sort of like when you have that one rain during the spring, you know the one, it is a warm day and you are upset that it is raining, but when the rain stops you realize that the grass has suddenly turned green. It is if Spring has sprung right before your eyes. These are both lessons for me to understand that I need to take the good with the bad.

Here's hoping that you find our own personal moment of clarity.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

"I really wanted to stop right in the middle of the road, roll down the windows and turn off the engine so that I could be a part of the peace that I was witnessing."

So do it. I see people in Vermont do that all the time. They stop in the middle of the road, and people (that would be me) just drive around them and they wave. But it's not like the waving hand wave, it's the stationary yo wave. The closer you get to Canada, the people up there get so nice. lol.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Ms. Amanda Tate said...

This is a beautiful post.

Thank you.

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those moments. They make me feel so alive and greatful to be here. And fresh snow really inspires that feeling for me too.

Great post!:)

9:30 PM  
Blogger Kat Campbell said...

I have had days like that. Beautiful, quiet interludes that remind me what a wonder of creation we live in. Thanks for wanting to help me move! Sophia would have had a ball running up and down the ramp on the truck with Jazz and Bri. I could have used a baby to rock from time to time too. Hugs to you all.

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home