day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Happy Days...

I had a few minutes to myself this morning before Sophia woke up. I decided to watch a bit of TV while eating a bowl of cereal. I was flipping through the channels and happened upon "TV Land" playing an episode of "Happy Days." When I was younger I really seemed to enjoy this show, but when I watch it now I have to think about how cheesy of a show it really was.

That leads me to one of my pet peeves about the show and it's spinoff "Joanie Loves Chachi." In the episode I watched today, Joanie was deciding to move back home and leave Chachi in Chicago. First of all, I never could understand what Chachi ever saw in Joanie. I thought she was a dog then and still do. If I were him, I would have said, "see ya later, there are better fish in the sea." Did the directors of the show think that people were so clueless as to think that somebody like Chachi would ever have a thing for a Joanie type? I don't know.

YUCK!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hated Chachi. This show should have packed it in when Ron Howard left because after that it just got worse with each passing season.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

You are probably right. I think there was some pretty bad TV in the 70's (excluding cartoons).

9:54 PM  
Blogger Ms. Amanda Tate said...

I am fairly certain that Erin Moran battled drugs and ended up toothless in a trailer park. Not sure, so I am Googling to fact-check.

Not having much luck, but that's what I seem to recall from a well-meaning news magazine show about eight or ten years ago. Maybe she's cleaned herself up and gotten some crowns.

11:31 PM  
Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

Didn't anyone see that Happy Days reunion earlier this year? I can get a copy from my stepfather if you wish?

Scott Baio and Erin Moran had a thing for one another off the set. They were truly in love at one point, and there's a part of Erin Moran that still loves Chachi; you can see it in the cast reunion where they're forced to sit on the bookends of the row. She's got a betraying look of longing for Scott Baio, who of course is married with children. It's terribly heartbreaking to see.

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home