day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Friday, July 08, 2005

Emergency...

Today was a day that every parent regrets! It was Sophia's first trip to the emergency room. She fell and cut her left eyelid. It all happened so quick we were not even quite sure what happened. She also has cuts above her left eye and below her right eye, so for a few days she will look like she had been in a boxing match.

I will hate the looks that we will get over the next week or so until she heals. People are thinking one of two things; abusive parents or parents who were not paying attention. Even though, neither is the case you still feel guilty and are extremely annoyed that anybody would dare to think you a horrible parent. Oh well, what can you do? People will think what they will.

Thankfully, it was a superficial wound and will heal rather quickly. They would have put some kind of glue on it to hold the cut together, but the skin on the wound had already started to die. We are just hoping that she will not scar.

As I said, every parent regrets this, so I guess I should be relieved that my first trip to the emergency room is over. I can breath a sigh of relief that it was not more serious and say a small prayer that it will never happen again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Amanda Tate said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to read about this happening to your sweet pea. I can only imagine how horrible it was for you and B-o-b.

If it's any consolation, I almost lost my right eye when I was no older than six or seven, maybe. The doctors did such a good job with stitches, you'd never know I have the smallest crease at that corner that's not at the left eye. I'm sure your beautiful faerie princess will heal without even the tiniest scar.

Love to you all and lots of positive thoughts for your girl.

11:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is so scary when our little ones get hurt. I'm glad that Sophia is going to be ok. Anyone can see that you are a loving and attentive parent by the way that you treat Sophia! Also, people who know children realize that accidents do happen. Please give her lots of kisses for me.

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home