day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Two years and counting...

It is that time of year again, when I just wish that spring would get here. I am so tired of being in the house. Besides, I think that Sophia would greatly benefit from a good deal of time being spent outdoors. Kids, like flowers, need sunshine.

Sophia is a very hyper kid. I don't mean this is the way that all two year olds are hyper, but in the way that makes me concerned for her. She does not want to sit still and never concentrates on anything. Plus, other moms have commented about how active she is (some of these mom's have their own two year olds). That being said, I think she is extremely smart, so I would not trade her intelligence for a non-active kid.

Sometimes she can be totally sweet. The other day, we sat in front of the TV and watched the DVD of the days leading up to and including the day she was born. I was in labor for more than two days before finally having a c-section and there was a good deal of waiting going on. I explained what was happening on the DVD and that we were waiting and waiting for her to come out. Finally, we get to the part where she was born. Sophia really watched this part (the DVD Sophia was screaming her head off) almost like she was thinking. Then she turned to me and said, "I love you, Mommy." I almost cried, it was like she was thinking about the sacrifices I had made for her. Maybe she did and maybe she didn't, but what she said warmed my heart.

Two year olds are so hard to figure out. One minute they are going fifty miles an hour, screaming, biting, kicking, etc. and the next minute they are snuggling into you and needing love. You never know which two year old you are going to get. I guess that is what makes parenting so difficult. I would live six days out of the week with a rotten two year old, just to get one day of that loving two year old. That love is the best thing that I have ever had in my life.

Oh for the love of a child!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Amanda Tate said...

OMG --- I almost cried just reading the post; I don't know what I would have done had I been sitting there to see Sophia turn to you and say what she did, the way that she did. That is so incredibly sweet.

Now, see: there are times when I think having a kid would be the coolest adventure on the planet . . . being given the honor to guide this new person through the world. And it's moments like that which make me think I should suck up my fears about repeating my own mother's missteps and just do it. Then I think of the screaming part and go find my cat to pet.

I do admire you for taking the plunge and starting a family. It's such a wonderful responsibility, and I really do enjoy watching you and Bob grow and change as Sophia does the same. It's really a fun process to witness.

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home