day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

I'm back, well sort of...

It has been so long since I have posted that I am sure anybody who ever glanced at this blog has forgotten about it, but just in case, here is a little update.

Halloween was great and before I knew it, it was Thanksgiving and now Christmas and New Year have also passed.

Life has been treating me very well. One of my best friends from childhood got married in November. It was fun to get all dressed up. I have not done that in years and besides being in somebody's wedding there really is no reason to do so. I had lost 18 pounds for the occasion and am sad to say that I have since gained it all back. Damn holidays.

Sophia had a wonderful Christmas. She is such a lucky kid. Santa visited not only her house, but her grandparents house as well. I have toys all over the place, but I am so glad for her. When I look back at my own childhood, I did not have as much and I want her to have what I could not, so as for the material things that childhood needs to have, we are succeeding.

It was great to watch her get excited before Christmas. She had no fear of Santa.When you think about Santa, he is sort of bizarre, so it is no wonder that kids are scared of him. She liked the idea of giving out presents, so hopefully the spirit of giving to others will be instilled in her during this early part of her life.

She got this really cool Barbie motorized Jeep for Christmas. At first she did not like it, but after driving it the other day, I think she has changed her mind. She was a bit scared when she got in the first time, because she thought it was "too fast." Come spring time, I don't think we will be able to keep up with her. I know one thing is for sure, I would have killed for something so neat when I was a kid.

As for New Years, ours was great. We went to Sophia's godparent's house. Thankfully, Bob's parents watched her overnight so Bob and I could stay out. We never got home until after 5:30am. It was a welcomed break and I have to admit a really awesome time.

I hope that you all will have a wonderful new year.

2 Comments:

Blogger Metal Mark said...

I almost did a double take as I saw a new post here. Christmas is really cool when the child starts to understand about opening presents. Justine got a doll and a stroller, but she immediately tossed the doll out and just pushed the stroller around.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Ms. Amanda Tate said...

I am so glad you are back. I was one of those people psycho-checking your blog to see new posts, and somehow, I missed these two right after New Year's! Thanks for posting. And I hope you get some sleep. No one wants a cranky Linda!

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home