day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Monday, July 18, 2005

Fun, pet peeve and humidity...

I bought the new Harry Potter book on Saturday. I can't wait to read it. I am forcing myself to wait to read it until I leave for vacation on Friday. It is pure torture to wait. Knowing my luck, I will end up leaving it at home, when I leave for vacation.

Bob and I went to a party at Otter and KH's house on Saturday night. It was just great to kick back, listen to music and talk. It was a very welcomed break. We did not get home until after 4:00am and I was beat, but it was totally worth it. Thanks guys!!!

I had some running around to do today and during my travels, I came across one of my major pet peeves with other parents. Just for some background, I am very peticular about the way Sophia looks when we go out. I try to make sure that she and her clothes are clean and that her hair is somewhat in order. This has become much harder since she has gotten older, but I still try to do the best I can. Even if I look like crap, she usually looks very good (not hard for me to look crappy on most days). Now to the thing that bothers me...Sophia and I were getting ready to leave the store when a woman walks in with her child. This child has nothing on, but a diaper. Since this child was similar in age to Sophia, I know that it can't be that hard to get him ready (although, it might be a bit trying). I also saw two women pushing their babies down the street, these children were also in just a diaper. Now maybe, I am being judgmental with these moms, but I feel that if I can get myself dressed, then I can get my child dressed. It usually only takes a few minutes. To me it just seems lazy. Sophia would prefer to run around naked all the time, but she doesn't, because I make sure that she is dressed. Maybe I am just crazy.

I don't know about you guys, but I hate humidity and living here in the great state of Maryland, you are almost always dealing with it. Every time I have been outside for the last several days, my clothes and hair stick to my back. YUCK! I think that I could shower five times a day and still feel gross. I am not a hot weather person, so I dread this time of year. Other than going on vacations and swimming, I can't wait for fall to get here.

Well, I have complained enough for one day. I hope you are all well and happy and having a wonderful day!!!

Keep cool!

3 Comments:

Blogger The Management said...

Glad you enjoyed the party :)

Otter

10:41 AM  
Blogger The Management said...

BTW... Mondo 7 Layer Dip.. Had it for breakfast :)

Otter

10:41 AM  
Blogger The Management said...

It's a little late, but I enjoyed seeing you guys at the party as well. Seriously, come over any time you're in the area.

Also, let us know your thoughts on the Half Blood Prince.

Kid H.

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home