day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Nothing too important...

Sophia's stitches are healing nicely and she has surprisingly left them alone. We go on Thursday morning to get them out. It might be a bit uncomfortable, but maybe we can go for a treat or something afterwards to make her feel better.

I went to my OB appointment today. So far everything seems to be going well. My blood work came back perfect and I only gained about a pound or so. I talked to the doctor about feeling sick and tired all of the time. He said the nausea should be ending soon and that I am feeling extra tired this pregnancy, because I am three years older than my last pregnancy and that I am chasing a toddler every day. We got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time today. We recorded it and let Sophia listen to it. She was all smiles and described what she heard. I think she is going to be a great big sister.

I just hope that I will be up to the task when the new baby gets here. Hopefully, Bob will be able to take of a few weeks and maybe his mom another week. That would be a huge help.

We (Bob's mother and I) are having a tea party for Sophia and her friends at the end of the month. We wanted to do a few special things for her this year before the new baby gets here. I can't wait. I would have loved this sort of thing when I was a little girl. I hope to have a bunch of pictures to share.

I am counting down the days until vacation. We will be at the ocean from June 30 to July 14. I plan on resting as much as I can, since I will have help with Sophia. I have to find some good books to read between now and then. I have not read a book in a while, so this will be a big treat.

We are going to take Sophia to see the movie, Cars, some time next week. She giggles every time she sees something about the movie. It will be a challenge, because she was horrible during the last movie that I took her to. Thankfully, I go during the middle of a weekday, when there is nobody else there, but moms with toddlers. This time I am taking another adult to help me keep her sequestered in her seat.

Nothing else new except that Bob is going out of town for a few nights next week on business. I hate when he goes, not only because I will miss him, but more importantly, because I have to take out the dog. I am so paranoid that he will get out of his leash (which he has done twice before) and I will have to look like an idiot chasing him around the neighborhood. It is also hard, because I will have no break from Sophia and believe me there are days when I need it.

I hope all is well!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

Mimi - Blogger was a pain in my butt yesterday.

Thanks on the well wishes.

Like I said, I hope to have pictures to post of the tea. She will have about 8 to 10 friends with their moms. It should be really fun (at least I hope).

8:45 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Kendra - I am from Carroll County, MD almost to PA. I am actually heading through your way on the way to the Ocean on June 30. We will be in OC for two weeks.

Sophia will be 3 on Sept 21. She is very, very busy. The new baby is due on 12/9, but will probably be delivered the week after Thanksgiving (scheduled c-section).

Thanks for stopping by!!

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home