day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Whoever said...

pregnancy is wonderful is lying. Don't get me wrong, I am not unhappy to be in my current situation, but I wish that I felt better. I am so tired all of the time and of course this is normal and apparently the Gestational Diabetes also contributes to that.

The Diabetes thing has been going okay. I am still a bit worried that I may have to take insulin as my sugar levels are running high in the morning. I will probably find out on Friday when I visit the Diabetes educator. Other than that, I am adjusting to the diet changes, although I am dying for something sweet. The closest I have gotten to something sweet is a Dannon Lite & Fit Carb & Sugar Control yogurt. It is okay, but it sure as hell ain't a candy bar. I keep wondering why my sugar levels are high if I am not eating any processed sugar, but apparently, because I am a vegetarian, I eat more carbs than most people, which contributes to the problem.

I can't wait for the educator to go over my eating habits with me. It will be a huge help and now that I have been given a 75% change of getting Type 2 Diabetes later in life, I really want to understand how to take care not only of myself, but my family, too! Both of Bob's grandmothers were diabetic as is his father, so as I like to put it, Bob is "on the hotrails to diabetes." So we will both benefit from the changes.

I know that I need to exercise more, but it is just so hard when I am so tired. Bob does not want me going by myself, just in case something happens, so last night, Bob, Sophia and I took a walk after dinner. It actually helped my sugar levels to drop just a bit. My one friend has volunteered to walk with me on the days that Sophia is in preschool. This will be great, because Sophia's preschool is next door to a county park where there is a walking track. Maybe Mimi should sing me one of her songs to encourage me!

I am still trying to get things ready for the baby, but first,my friend from South Carolina is coming for a visit this weekend. Right now my house looks like a bomb hit. I know things here won't look House Beautiful by this weekend, but I think they will be fine. I keep telling Bob that we have way too much crap for such a small house. He is working with me to solve my storage solutions, so hopefully, I will be able to find stuff when I need it. I am one of those people that has extremely messy closets and cabinets. I would just love to throw stuff out to help minimize my mess, but I think Bob would have a heart attack.

We all love books so there are books everywhere, I would love to go through and donate some to a place that needs them, but that would be a major undertaking. We have five floor to ceiling bookshelves in our living room, all of which are filled to over capacity. There are books shoved in every direction and in front of other books book, making it is hard to find things.

I need one of those clean up shows to come in and help me, but you know what, I would be totally embarrassed!!!!!!

Oh well, that is life with Linda for right now. I hope that you all are doing well.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Linda. I know, kind of, how you feel. Pam is going through this gestational diabetes for the second time as you know. The last couple of weeks every time I call home she is tired and usually has heartburn to boot. Same as when she was pregnant with Gabe. I know she will be fine in the end, and so will you. She says her OB tells her that having a bad meal every once in a while is not the end of the world. Drop Pam an e-mail if you have not done so lately. She may be able to impart some words from experience that could help. I hope. At least you all could bond which would tickle me. Also hope to see you all again some day, maybe next year. Take care and best regards to Bob and Sophia.

8:27 AM  
Blogger ChristyTN said...

Hi Linda! I can tell that you have nesting syndrome kicking in... wanting to get rid of a bunch of stuff! I really need to do that too. We have absolutely no closet space left. I think it's mostly my stuff since MM moved his huge collection of albums into storage bins.

Sigh...a lot of clothes that don't fit anymore need to say bye-bye. I plan to lose weight, but there are some things that will probably never fit right even then.

And then we have tons of junk only good for putting into a yard sale. Maybe we could get together next summer and have a big yard sale to get rid of all of our stuff. We'll probably have lots of baby equipment that our kids will have outgrown by then.

When I saw you the other day, you looked great! I think that the excitement and happiness of having a child due soon makes mommies very beautiful! Hang in there! You are doing great with dealing with the gestational diabetes and have a lot of will power!! I know you'll be ok.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Kat Campbell said...

Hijacked your link during a visit to Mimi's. I was diagonosed with gestational diabetes during all five of my pregnancies. My "baby" is 19 now and I still don't have any sign of even type 2 diabetes. It's one of those things that "can" occur, not "will" occur. Hang in there, the exhaustion will pass in about...fifteen years. :>)

12:04 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Mimi - Sugar-free things are definitely better than they used to be. Thankfully, I have found some ways to keep my need for sweets down. I use some of the same mind tricks that I did when I did Weight Watchers the year before Sophia was born.

Next happy pregnant Mommy is coming your way!

J - Pam was actually one of the first people I contacted when I found out and she sent me two wonderful books in the mail. I know that we (Pam & I) are tired too, because we are getting ready to get used to the crazy schedules that a new baby can provide, but she has some extra stuff going on right now. I know you will be back again some day. If not, we may just have to meet up somehow, besides it would be nice to see our kids together!

Christy - I think you are right about nesting, but what a pain. My church is having a White Elephant sale in Nov and I plan on taking some stuff down there. At least, I know the money will go someplace good. Of course, by next spring, I will have another truck load of crap.

I know what you mean about the clothes. I got down to my weight that I was before getting pregnant with Sophia and my butt and hips were too darn big for most of my pants, which sucked. Also, I got rid of about 20 pairs of shoes, because my feet had gotten bigger. YUCK!

Thanks for the compliments on how I am looking. I definitely feel better than I did with Sophia.

Kat - Thanks for stopping by. I am glad to hear that Type 2 has not made a visit to your house! I hope that it never does. I am such a prime candidate for it, that I know that this is just a wake-up call for me to take bettr care of myself.

I am sure you are right about the exhaustion, kids just take the energy away, but it is worth it (at least when they are little, but when the teen years approach, I hear it is very different).

Stop back again!

8:42 AM  
Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

crap, man, I didn't know about your diabetes! sorry...hope you're getting through it alright

1:12 AM  
Blogger Ivey's Mom said...

Six months ago I completed my final pregnancy. Whew!! So, I have maternity clothes that I plan on burning... Hang in there.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Ivey - Thanks for stopping by. I am there with you. This is my last. I am worried about how I am going to feel even after the baby is born, because I am just exhausted. I know it can be done, because women before me have had more than two kids.

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home