day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Oh no...

I really don't know what else to say. This pregnancy has been going so smoothly that I should have known that things would change. As is customary, my doctor sent me for a one hour glucose screening. I failed this test and then was sent for a three hour glucose tolerance test, which I also failed. I was advised today that I have Gestational Diabetes and have to go to a class at the hospital for Diabetes education and also see a Dietician.

I am pretty bummed out about this. If I really behave myself the baby should see no side affects. I have never been a person with great self control, so the next two months are going to be rough.

I am so pissed because I just ordered some Girl Scout cookies that I now can not eat. I told Bob that all sweet things will need to be out of the house. I told Bob that if he and Sophia need something sweet that they can go out for ice cream or something. Also, any candy that Sophia gets for Halloween will have to go to Bob's parent's house.

I do realize that sweets are not the only problem, but for me it is a start. I also have to worry, because after having Gestational Diabetes there is a chance that I could later get Type 2 Diabetes, which never goes away. It is just so much to digest right now.

I really thought I would be okay, because I failed the first test when I was pregnant with Sophia, but then passed the three hour test, so naturally I thought that is what would happen this time around. I started to look over some diabetic recipes today and I am not excited about them at all. I really want to succeed so I need to change my thinking.

Please send some positive vibes my way!

I hope that you are all well!

3 Comments:

Blogger ChristyTN said...

Oh, I'm sorry Linda. Mimi is right..you will become healthier and be able to shun the sweets. I'm keeping you and baby in my thoughts and prayers! I'm looking forward to meeting little Izzy. (Just kidding on that name!) I just know that baby is going to be beautiful and healthy!

You are really going to love having two children. It's so very worth it. MG and MB love each other, and it's so sweet to see them interact. I know that there will be times that they squabble, but I hope that they will always be close and enjoy each other's company.

1:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Positive vibes en route.

I am sorry to hear that you're stressed about this . . . and, at the same time, I look at it like Mimi said --- it might just be a wake-up call to look at things from a different perspective.

I am sending all four of you prayers and lots of love and light!

4:18 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Everyone - Thanks for the good thoughts. I need them.

Mimi- I know you are right, but my first thing to feel is sorry for myself. I am so lazy and I know that it is a problem. I found out that I have a 75% chance of contracting Type 2 later in life, so maybe this will be the motivation that I need to take better care of myself.

Christy - I can't wait to see Sophia the big sister. She is changing so much day by day. She is excited and talks to the baby all of the time. As with any new sibling relationship, I know there will be some bumps along the way.

Brandy - Thanks for listening. I know the stress will pass with time. I got a lesson on how to use the blood sugar meter this evening and that was just a bit unnerving. Hopefully, things will get easier.

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home