day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Just another day...

I went to my OB appointment tonight. I have officially lost ten pounds since my last appointment, which was only two weeks ago. My doctor was not surprised, because I have really been sticking to the dietary changes that were prescribed for me. Even though I have worked really hard to keep my blood sugars down, things are just not working, so I now have to take a small does of Glyburide each day. Both my doctor and my Diabetes Educator feel that this will help me with the problems that I am having. I was very worried after loosing that much weight so quick. To put my fears to rest, my doctor is sending me for a sonogram tomorrow morning. My doctor was not worried about the weight loss and was great at helping me feel okay with everything that is going on.

Bob and his Dad have been working very hard in the basement. They finished the toy closet and I have actually been able to put a few things in there. I can't wait to get all of Sophia's toys down there. I have to go pick out paint for the room this weekend. I am thinking of a yellow orange to keep it bright and sunny looking since it is a toy room and is in the basement. We have a Tron arcade machine down there that we have not used in years and I was looking for a place to unload it. It needed to be repaired and we do not have the money to do it right now. Bob was very sad about this, because it was a gift from his parents. I don't know what made him do it, but he plugged it in the other night and now it seems to be working, so now it looks like it will be staying. I think it is a pretty neat thing to have in a toy room.

I volunteered at Sophia's preschool today. What a mess. She was so bad. I was embarrassed, but the teachers seemed to be okay with it. I can only hope she was acting up, because I was there. I think she does like going to school. She knows all of the kids names and seems to play with everybody. She always says that she does not like boys, but at one point, she was actually one girl playing with three boys. She has a field trip to a pumpkin patch next week. I think all of the kids will have so much fun.

Well that is about it for me right now. I hope that you are doing well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

My mom taught pre-school music for 15 years before they moved this year. The kids at one church always went to a pumpkin patch and LOVED it! Hope the trip is fun. Keep up the healthy eating and taking care of yourself! Three cheers for you!!

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home