day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Still recovering...

I am still recovering from the Christening. I am happy to report that all went fairly well. My mother, as expected, did not show up. This was truly a blessing in disguise, because I did not have to deal with explaining her weirdisms. I was glad to have many friends and family from Bob's side there. Nicholas looked and acted like an angel. Sophia looked angelic, but acted otherwise. I attribute this to being three years old.

The reception after the Christening went very well. The food was great and I think people had fun catching up with each other. I put together a box of craft items for the kids and they had a ball coloring and making Valentines. I also put in paper bags for them to decorate and had each child pay me a visit before they left, so that I could give them a couple of handfuls of candy to take home. I was happy to see that every kid left with a smile on their face.

So right now it is snowing and sleeting and freezing rain is expected to follow later. We should have over 1/2 inch of ice by morning. I expect that Bob will be working from home tomorrow. This will be a nice Valentines gift for us all, but we could do without the ice.

I will put some pictures of the Christening here for you to see. I hope you enjoy them.



This is Sophia before the Christening, sorry it is so light.

Nicholas getting wet. This is me holding him, his Godmother (and Sophia's) to my left while Bob and Sophia look on.

Nicholas during the ceremony with Mommy and Daddy.

Nicholas' cake, too bad he couldn't have any, it was yummy!

Sophia with some new magic marker marks on her chin (washable) enjoying a piece of cake.

I will have to see if we have any other photos that I can post, but in the meantime, have a wonderful Valentines day!

7 Comments:

Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

And it was a very nice reception too. That ladies' club had a real old WWII feel to it, though I know it's an older building. Good times... Great pics! We're both home from work too. Crazy how it is.

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! I'm glad that all went well!

12:19 PM  
Blogger Ms. Amanda Tate said...

Great photos!

I can't get over how much Sophia and Nicholas resemble the Langes. Those genes are so strong! Spitting images. Really adorable.

It was so amazing to be there for the Christening, Linda. I said it to Bob, briefly, but I am not sure he got my meaning --- it's incredible to watch your family grow. I remember meeting Bob 13 years ago (and you shortly thereafter), and now, to see how things have grown and changed . . . it's really touching.

You have so much to be proud of. It's a beautiful thing.

4:20 PM  
Blogger Ivey's Mom said...

So happy to hear all went well, with little drama. Congratulations on the very special day.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Kat Campbell said...

What a perfect Christening day! I don't know how you pulled that all together with two little kids.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Oh my God. That cake rocks. Every piece practically is a corner piece!

10:27 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Ray - Thank you! I am glad that you enjoyed yourself. You never know if people are enjoying themselves at your party, because you are too busy trying to keep everything running smoothly.

Christy - Thanks for the compliments. I am sorry that you guys could not make it. I think the kids would have had fun.

Brandy - I am so glad that you were able to make the ceremony. I liked the Deacon's homily. I have always loved the saying, "It takes a village to raise a child." You are part of our village and it would only be appropriate that you were there for Nicholas' big day.

It is crazy to look back over my life. You met Bob right after we were married. It seems like only yesterday. February 8th was the anniversary of when Bob and I went out for the first time. Can you believe that we have been togther for 17 years (God that makes me feel old)? I think of the people that Bob and I used to be and it seems so strange that there was actually life before our kids. While I am glad that we waited so long, it makes me feel like I wasted time.

You are right about the kids looking like Bob's side of the family. If it weren't for the fact that I carried the kids, you would never know I had any part in it.

Gwen - We were blessed with a beautiful day. I hope that one day Nicholas will look back on the photos and realize just how lucky he is! Thanks for the good wishes.

Kat - Thanks! I could not have done this without the help of my in-laws and Nicholas and Sophia's Godparents. They are always there every step of the way to help us. Believe me I was tired for a few days after.

Ryan - It did rock! The icing on that cake was real buttercream icing. You can taste the butter when you eat it. It is so rich that even hardcore icing eaters have a hard time eating it (including me). It is horrible for you, but sometimes it feels so good to be so bad!!!

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home