day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Carnival...

Well Sophia's eye was at least half swollen shut today. According to the pediatrician, this is very normal. She looked pretty horrible today. Bob kept referring to her as Clubber Lang (Mr. T's character in Rocky III, never saw the movie). She definitely looks like she has been in a fight.

We decided to take Sophia to the local carnival this evening. We had taken her earlier in the week, but it had rained, so we were hoping to take her again. She had a ball. We actually let her get on a few rides by herself. This made me a bit nervous, but we had to let her do it some time. A few times cried when we took her off of a ride. One lady asked me how old she was and after my answer she said that Sophia was very brave for somebody so young. That made me feel great. There is nothing better than getting a compliment on your child. She ate like I have not seen her eat in a long time. She started out with a few french fries, then had some cotton candy (very, very sticky, but she loved it) and ended with an entire piece of pizza. By the time she was on her final ride (thankfully Bob was with her), she was in tears, because she was completely exhausted. Right now she is in her bedroom fighting sleep, hopefully, she will drift off soon.

It is interesting to watch Sophia grow up. Sometimes, you sit back and are amazed by how she is changing and how much different she is than when she was born. While, I do love to watch her try new things, it makes me a bit sad, because after she does something she can never do that particular thing for the first time again. It is sort of like she has a checklist for life and she is busy putting checks in the boxes and never looking back. At times, I miss that little baby who for the first six months of her life, fell asleep on my shoulder every night. I know that it is important for her to do all of these firsts in life, but I guess I never thought about how they would affect me. All the same, I am glad that she enjoys life and thrives. I can not describe how her beautiful little smile brings me some of the greatest joy in my entire life. It is hard for me to think this, but there are parents out there who never really appreciate the simple things about their kids. They don't know what they are missing.

Have a great night!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Management said...

Dents in babies builds charactor!

-Otter

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home