day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Friday, March 24, 2006

bad...

Is it possible that both my child and my dog are just plain bad? In reality I know that neither is the case, but with the current state of affairs at my house I have to wonder.

Sophia has been very bratty all week and unwilling to concentrate on any task that I give to her. I am hoping that this phase of the terrible twos will not last that long. She can be so sweet, but so nasty in the next second.

Vinny on the other hand has been fine at home, but I took him to the groomers to get his nails clipped and he growled and snapped at the groomer. We could not get a muzzle on him, so needless to say his nails stay untrimmed. He was so nervous that he took a big crap on the floor. I was so embarrassed.

Last night we took Vinny to his weekly obedience class. He started barking right from the moment that we walked into class. He kept barking as we started to do the lessons. We had been there for 10-15 minutes when the instructor walked outside with us for a talk. It was like having a parent-teacher conference, only this was about the dog. In the end, Vinny had to leave. Yup, you got it kicked out of obedience class. I told Bob he is going to have to wear a dunce cap!

So now here is what is going to happen. Starting next week, he will go for private lessons before his normal class starts and then he will spend about 5-10 minutes with the rest of the class. Each week, we will decrease his private lesson and increase the time he spends in the class with the other dogs. The instructor just feels that he is so nervous about the other dogs that he may get upset with us for taking him there. It turns out to be okay, because she is not going to charge us any additional money and give us private lessons.

After Vinny's expulsion, we took him home and since Sophia was at Grammy and Grandpa's house, we went out for a bite to eat. It was a nice break for me, since I cook dinner most nights. We then went to pick up Sophia and wouldn't you know that she was a perfect angel for her grandparents. So Sophia was good as gold, unlike she is for us and Vinny got expelled. What a night for my two kids. Being a dog or kid parent can be exhausting.

I hope your day today goes better than mine did yesterday...

1 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Amanda Tate said...

I am so sorry Vinny got expelled! I'm sure it's just a phase -- just like for Sophia.

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home