day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Pregnancy woes...

So I am now 15 weeks pregnant. This is good for a couple of reasons, one the chance of miscarriage is greatly reduced after week 12 and two I am finally not feeling so nauseous now.

That being said though, there are other problems. Just about every pregnant woman feels the things I am going to describe, but that does not make it any easier for me to handle.

1. I am having a hard time sleeping. No matter what I do, where I place my pillows, what time I go to sleep, or if I pee before I go to bed I just don't sleep well. I get up at least twice a night to pee and then if it is after 4:00am, I have a hard time falling back to sleep. This sucks, because I am a person who really loves my sleep.

2. My nausea has been replaced by heartburn. I take Pepcid AC as much as I can, but that does not always help. Right now I am craving things that contain tomatoes and things that are sour and this seems to cause heartburn. So I eat the stuff that I love and it makes me sick.

3. I have never professed to be a mental giant, however I seem to forget everything. One day about two weeks ago, we could not find the cord-less phone. I could hear it ringing, but could not find it. So we paged the phone and finally found the phone in the freezer. Yeah that's right, the freezer. The sad thing is that I actually caught myself trying to put it back in the freezer a few days later. On Sunday, we were going to spend the day at Bob's parents' house and I was going to make dinner for Father's Day, I actually forgot some stuff that was very important to the meal. I feel like I am walking around in a cloud most of the time, and I hate this!

4. I am having some other various body ailments that are too embarrassing to discuss, so I will just say that there are other physical problems that are equally as awful as the other things that I have listed.

All that being said, I should be able to start feeling the baby move in the next few weeks. That is something that makes everything (besides all of the side effects) seem real. We have started to think about names, but so far, we are not settled on anything. Before Sophia was born, we had a hard time coming up with a boys name and it seems to be the same this time. I don't know why. For girls names, we like Katherine or Claire, but that might change.

One this is for sure, this pregnancy has been so much different than when I was pregnant with Sophia. Other than being in labor for two days, I was never sick. They say that each pregnancy is different. Some people are saying that this baby might be a boy.

Just for fun, why don't you guys send me some of your favorite baby names, I am just curious about what people like. Just humor me!!!

By the way, I saw the movie Cars today. Sophia was horrible during the movie. I have to say that I really liked it. Pixar does a really good job with little touches that just makes things amazing. The story was cute, but I would say that it is not for really little kids, because it runs 116 minutes, which is just way too long for toddlers.

Have a great evening!

6 Comments:

Blogger Metal Mark said...

The part about the phone was funny.
Miranda, Evelyn and Lucinda were all girl names we liked, but didn't use. Lucinda was the girl choice we had before we found out baby #2 was going to be a boy.
Boy names we considered, but didn't use were William, Joseph, Silas and Jonas. I pushed for August, but that got shot down.
I also like Daniel and Miles.

11:57 AM  
Blogger ChristyTN said...

Hi Linda! It's so funny that you put the phone in the freezer! When I was pregnant with Metalgirl, I kept putting the box of plastic wrap into the fridge. I also kept making silly mistakes at work. For example, I was helping a customer by phone and said "Thank you Ms. Baker". She got real quiet and then corrected me because she had just told me that her name was Ms. Cook! Being pregnant did funny things to my brain, too.

7:28 PM  
Blogger ChristyTN said...

Two names that I like... Jillian for a girl and Jadon for a boy. I love "J" names for some reason!

7:31 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Mimi - Thanks, like I said, I knew that most women who have had a baby would understand. It makes you wonder why we do it more than once.

Mark - I like the boy's names William, Joseph and Daniel. I like most new testament names, but Bob has this thing for Old Testament names that I just can not understand.

Christy- I had to share your plastic wrap story with Bob, so that he did not think I was going totally crazy.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

If it makes anything better, I'm sure you still look hotter than Britney Spears. That should count for something! ;)

1:14 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Kendra - Thanks. I had to laugh at Placenta Head. I like the name Aiden, it reminds me of a nephew of somebody I used to work with. He was the funniest little boy and always seemed to find trouble.

Ryan - I only wish that were true!! Britney is a few years younger with me and lots on money to hide her flaws! Thanks for making me laugh, though!!

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home