day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Monday, August 21, 2006

Small town...

This past week was the week for the annual carnival in our town. We only live a few blocks away, so we went three times last week. It is not much more than an excuse for me to eat very yummy very bad for me food. I just can't resist the french fries. Sophia loved every minute of being there. She was mesmerized from the moment we got there until we left. She ate junk food, rode rides and played games. What a great week to be a kid.

I had my OB appointment on Thursday. The appointment could not have went better, if I would have asked for it. The doctor said he was pleased and that everything was going extremely well. He verified again that I will deliver the week after Thanksgiving. This should make for one of the best Thanksgiving dinners I have ever had. Imagine being very pregnant and hungry all of the time and a table full of some of your favorite foods. MMMMMM!!!

Sophia went to Dutch Wonderland with Bob's parents on Friday. She had so much fun, but was very tired and was a handful on the way home. Bob's Dad dropped her off and she went right to bed.

Sophia has had some very rough days and nights the past two weeks. She has always used a pacifier and two weeks ago she physically lost the last one we had. I told her that I was not able to find them in the store any more (which was not a complete lie, I tried to find them two weeks before she lost hers and was unable to find the right size). She was sad and did not sleep well for a few nights. Because of the lost pacifier, she has decided that she no longer wants to take her afternoon nap (this really sucks for me), although she still really needs it. She is a very action packed kid and needs all the rest that she can get. When she does not take an afternoon nap, she has a tendency to be very grouchy by the evening. I have talked to a few people and we agree it has got to be a bit like trying to quit smoking, it gets better after the first three weeks. I can only hope that it does.

Other than these things, I have been feeling pretty good, that is until Saturday. I actually started to feel very pregnant when I walked back from the carnival Saturday night. I knew that it was only a matter of time before my body started to catch up with me. Now my damn back has been hurting since Saturday and I feel like I am starting to get that late in pregnancy waddle. How attractive is that? Oh well, what did I expect.

I hope that you all are well. Have a great day!!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh the carnaval. I haven't been to that thing since High School. That always was a lot of good fun.

Funnel cakes... Damn I could eat me some funnel cakes.

Ohh well, maybe next year (or do they sell funnel cakes at the Wine festival?)

Anyway, small town fairs and carnavals are the best.

Otter

11:10 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Mimi - Growing up in PA, I actually went to Dutch Wonderland as a kid. I thought the turning house was really cool, too. It gave you that really cool dizzy sick feeling.

Just wait until next year Binker will love the carnival. Sophia gets upset when we have to leave.

Otter - I love funnel cakes, too, but did manage to avoid them this year, but ate a bunch of french fries, which are equally as bad for you.

I do think that they sell Funnel Cakes at the Wine Festival. I usually hit the raw oysters (after a good bit of wine, of course)instead, though. That is the only time of year I do that, I guess the wine gives me courage. Being pregnant I can't do wine or oysters this year. Oh well, something to look forward to for 2007.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Hmmm... Is Dutch Wonderland near Lancaster or something close to that? Cause it sounds very familiar. I used to go to Lancaster and Lititz and West Chester and Philadelphia all the time, because we used to live outside of Reading - and that's so... not good. You prolly know this.

Hey, when I went to kindergerten, they obviously had the afternoon nap. They told all the parents to buy their kids big bath towels or blankets for the kids to sleep on. Mom went to Penney's and got me the nicest towel ever (Spider-man) and I slept on it a lot because I thought I was really cool. You should get your kid like a "High School Musical" one or something. lol. :p

12:57 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Ryan - There are some okay places to visit in Lancaster, espicially with kids. She is a bit less choosey than most adults. It is very pretty there and in some places a step back in time. You think Lancaster is bad, where I grew up was much much worse.

I will have to give the special towel or blanket a try. She is just so hyper that nothing might work. I think that if we did not make her, she would not sleep at night.

7:33 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Nah, I love Lancaster. It's Reading that freaks me out. :p

10:17 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

I have only been to Reading once years ago to shop. Everything seemed to be very gray and industrial. Would this be a correct description??

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home