day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Friends...

I have been very bad about posting lately. Honestly, I have been busy. I have kept on reading and commenting on my friends blogs, but have been remiss in posting to my own.

Last week I got an email from an old friend. This friend and I shared a lot of memories together. We had both left home at an early age. Needless to say, things were not always easy, but we had a good deal of fun together. I can remember rolling change (pennies) to buy smokes at the store across the street from where we lived (which was down the street from Otter's WMC). We never had money for food (and barely rent), but always managed to have beer and other things to have fun with. Those were totally different times, not bad, just different.

Things changed, we both got married and she had two children. She moved away. We lost track of each other. It is not a hard thing to do, because you are so busy with your own life. I have tried to find her over the years and she me. Finally last week she found me on this blog.

We have talked to each other every day since then. And even though things are different in our lives (like a child for me and two more for her) it was so great to reconnect. Reconnecting in a lot of ways makes you feel good, because you know that there is somebody out there in the world who had been thinking of you. I am glad that she found me, it made my week. Hopefully, we will continue to stay in contact.

So forgive me for spending the week with an old friend. I would understand if you did the same.

If you have an old friend that you have lost track of, you should really try to get out there and find them. It might just make their week.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Management said...

That's really cool she was able to track you down. Sometimes (even for someone who has mad crazy search engine skillz like me) people are just lost if you don't activily try to keep em close. I can't find one person I met once about 8 years ago.

Anyway, good fer you!

Otter

1:22 PM  
Blogger ChristyTN said...

I'm glad that your friend found you! I really would like to find my old college roommate. We were best friends, and she really pushed me to talk to and get to know MM. I sure miss her! She was also very goofy and didn't care if people thought she was crazy when she acted like a loon in public. So she helped me to loosen up and act like a loon sometimes too!

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home