day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 29, 2006

What a day...

Well as I have mentioned a few times, we leave for vacation tomorrow. Bob had some last minute stuff to finish up at work, so he had to be there at 4:00am this morning. Which left me to sleep in the whole bed (even though I had to share with the dog). At 5:45am I heard this loud thump coming out of Sophia's room, so I ran in and she had fallen off the bed. I could tell by the way that she was crying that she was hurt!! She was holding her arm and crying.

I talked to her pediatrician at 6:30am, he said to give her motrin and call into the office after 8:00am to make an appointment to come in. Thankfully, we were able to get in at 9:15. We got there a few minutes early and they were waiting for us. The doctor did not think that the arm was broken, but possibly had been dislocated and then relocated. To be safe he sent us for x-rays.

The x-rays were an ordeal. Bob's father came along to help, because I could not go in with her due to being pregnant. She cried and screamed. It was terrible. More than anything I think she was scared, poor kid. After the x-rays were done, they told me to go to the waiting room and wait to be called, because my doctor needed to give me the results. After about five to ten minutes they send me to a phone and my doctor is on the line. I was informed that Sophia had fractured her collar bone. Oh no, I thought and started to tear up. They also told me that this is one of the most painful fractures.

So we go back to the doctor's office and wait again, because Sophia has to be fitted for a strap to hold her shoulders back. They gave us her list of do's and don'ts, but did say that we can still go on vacation. Her activities will have to be limited, but at least she can still play on the beach and stuff.

I brought her home, gave her more motrin and laid her down. That was at 2:30. She has cried out in pain a few times. It is now 3:30 and she is still not asleep. I hope that she can get some rest. I know that it will help her.

So now I have to finish packing and worry about Sophia. I joked when she got her stitches a few weeks ago that this would not be the last trip to the emergency room, but I did not think it would be so soon. I am exhausted.

Anyway, I probably won't be posting as much. I still hope to get some of the tea pictures out there and if, not I will send out some beach photos.

Wish me luck...

PS Don't mind any grammaticial errors. I am too pooped to pop!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness. Please tell Sophia that we're wishing her speedy healing and that we're thinking about her. I hope that you all have a wonderful relaxing vacation. I'm glad that you can still go. That will help get Sophia's mind off of her injury. You're in our thoughts and prayers!!

9:07 AM  
Blogger The Management said...

Sophia will be peachy keen in no time. Kids aer resilant. Have a great vacation!

Otter

1:33 PM  
Blogger Ms. Amanda Tate said...

OMG. I am so sorry! I can't even imagine how stressful this is. I am sending Sophia lots of love and prayers for a speedy healing process. Otter is right - she will be back to her old, rambunctious (SP?) self in no time!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Thanks guys! She is doing quite well. She is a tough cookie! She played on the beach today and fell once pretty hard, but did not cry.

I can tell when her shoulder is hurting, because she sort of tucks it to her side or chest. I call it the dead presidents pose. So when I see her do this, I know it is time for a break.

After about an hour and a half or so on the beach she wanted to come in. I gave her lunch and she was pretty. We are still trying to figure out if she is left handed or right handed. Honestly, at this point I think she is a bit of both. She was eating with her right hand today and having problems loading her fork, but usually she draws with her left hand.

Thanks again for the good wishes. I will pass them on to her!!!

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home