day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Please no more...

We had a good bit of things to get done to get out of the house to leave early for vacation. Since much of the day was spent yesterday dealing with Sophia's broken collar bone, some things had to be pushed off until this morning.

We had planned to leave around 9:00, but figured that we would not leave until around 10:00. We always go to the beach with Bob's parents, it makes for a full car, but it saves on gas money. Around 9:00 Bob's dad calls to tell us that a pipe has sprung a leak in their basement and that they have had to call a plummer.

The pipe was fixed by about 11:00. We all get into the car to get ready to go and the car won't start. Now we are all beginning to think that maybe we shouldn't go. Between Sophia's injury, the broken pipe and now the car, it just seemed like everything was going against us. After much running around and finally switching cars (it was discovered that the alternator was bad on the other car) we finally got to leave around 2:30.

We did make some stops on the way. We stopped at Blackwater Wildlife Refuge near Cambridge, MD. We were hoping to see some Bald Eagles, but only got to see one from a distance. It was pretty cool though, because he/she was hunting. It was waiting in the middle of the road and took off after something in the water and swooped down to get it. The shame of it is that we did not get any pictures of it. We saw some beatiful herons and cranes. I see them where we live, but usually only one once in a while. There were many in the park. We saw some turtles and possibly an otter. All in all that seemed to help what had otherwise been a very crappy day. We also stopped into a book store, bought tons of books and then stopped for something to eat.

We finally got here around 10:15 and I am just glad that we arrived in one piece.

Sophia is doing well with her shoulder. She was a afraid to remove the strap that she has to wear, but did let me take it off at bath time and decided that she did not need it for bed tonight. She was so tired, but took a little while to fall asleep. She is sleeping in bed with her Grammy tonight and I know that that makes her very happy.

I know one thing is for sure that the last few days have been some of the worst I have had. I am hoping that this vacation will be relaxing enough to forget about it.

I hope you are all doing better than me! I will try to post some photos when I get them.

By the way, please ignore any spelling errors. We only have dial-up at the beach and it takes too damn long to use the spell check!!!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger ChristyTN said...

I'm glad that you all made it to the beach to relax and escape for a while- despite the obstacles! I have to tell you that I cried too when I first read about Sophia's accident. We love her and hope that she has a fun time playing on the beach.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Christy - It seems I have been saying "It is what it is," a good deal this week. Now that we are down here, things have calmed down a bit. Sophia had a bit of a rough spot in the middle of the night, but has been doing well.
I will give Sophia a little hug from you guys.

2:54 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

The Blogger for Word attachment, you guys! It has built in spell check. Come on! ;)

I saw two birds having sex yesterday. And then, I think I saw two bees getting at it. Makes me smile. :)

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home