day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Friday, July 21, 2006

We're back, etc...

Today makes a week since I got home from the beach. I was so damn tired that it literally took about three days to feel better. I just did not sleep well. You would think that after vacationing in the same condo for the last ten years that I would be used to it enough to rest well, but that is not the case.

I took Sophia to her follow-up appointment for the broken collar bone on Tuesday. She was only going to have to keep the brace on for four weeks, but since she was so active in the doctor's office, we now have to keep it on the full six weeks. He said that active kids sometimes need the extra reminders to stay calm. Other than that, he could feel the calcification on the bone, which means that it is healing properly. So now she has about three more weeks of restriction. The brace that she wears is getting so yucky, but I am afraid that if I wash it, it will fall apart. I have to give it a try though, because it is disgusting.

As for me, I went to my OB doctor's appointment on Wednesday. We could not hear the baby's heart beat so we had to have a sonogram. We DID get to see the baby moving around, so all is good. I have to go down to Baltimore next week for a sonogram, apparently, up here in the country, we don't have really good facilities for a level III sonogram. Since I am over 35 and opted not to do amnio, this is what I have to do. I am not worried, though!

Another note of interest, it has been ungodly hot here this week and I literally have spent most of my time indoors. It is too hot to even go outside to swim. On Tuesday afternoon, I was making dinner and I hear this really strange and very loud sound coming out of my basement. The damn air conditioner broke. I was so mad. We have a friend who did it on the side for us at cost (Thank God), but since the unit is sixteen years old, he suggested that we look into replacing it. YUCK! We have to tear apart walls to do this and since we are in the process of redoing our basement, this is the perfect time to do it. So now we have to put out a few grand to upgrade.

My family reunion was this past weekend. I said I would let you know what I did. I did not go. After sending my response to my sister that we could not make it, I never heard anything back from her or my dad and stepmom. One would think that if they really wanted us to attend that they would have said something back (sorry to hear that you can't make it, etc...). I think about this situation often. I feel bad that Sophia has no grandfather or really a grandmother on my side (thankfully Bob's parents are awesome grandparents). I think about the time when I will have to explain why she does not and I hope that she will not feel bad about the situation. I often feel like I should at least write my dad a letter telling him why this stuff hurts me so bad, but I really think that he won't care anyway. Oh well, Sophia is a wonderful kid and he is really missing out!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Metal Mark said...

That's rough about the air conditioner. We had our washed go out last month and it with two kids that was not a good thing. Fortunately we still had a few months left on the warranty because it needed a new motor.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

Hey Linda! Sorry to hear about the AC =(

I tried to reply to your e-mail, but your server kicked it back to me saying I was spam! Bah! Thanks for sending me the link!

10:03 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Don't feel sorry. I have zero grandparents - and the grandmothers are still very much alive. The girl is blessed with 2. :)

2:30 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Mark - I would die without a washer also, I am glad that you got it fixed.

Joe - Sorry about the email. I am going to have Bob check it out and maybe have you send me another email.

Kendra - Thankfully, it is just a bit cooler this week. Last week was the worst possible week to have he AC break. At least it is fixed now!

Ryan - How could your grandmothers not love you!!! You are right, Sophia is lucky to have the two that she does have.

Mimi- It is great when the baby starts to move. I do feel sorry for Sophia, because I was lucky to have four wonderful grandparents and I even got to know some of my great-grandparents.

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home