day to day rambling...

Real and not always exciting adventures in life.

Name:
Location: Maryland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Monday, August 07, 2006

Mish Mosh...

I have had a good deal on my mind lately, none of which is worth reading. Every time I thought about posting, I thought better of it. For better or for worse here are some things that have been on my mind.

My aunt told my mom that I was pregnant last week and would you know that my mom has not called to congratulate me. She apparently thinks I am pissed at her, well if I wasn't, I might be now. Oh well, I would rather not have to deal with her. She just makes me nervous anyway.

Last week Sophia and I went to visit a friend of my grandmother's (Grandma died 3/17/2000). I occasionally run into this friend and she really wanted us to stop by for a visit. So last week was the time to go. She had two gifts that my grandmother had given her that she wanted Sophia to have (a pearl necklace and a quilted wall hanging made by my grandmother). I thought this was wonderful Since Sophia never got to know her.

I had been thinking about my Grandmother quite a bit lately. I really miss her. With pregnancy hormones raging I am easily brought to tears these days, so thoughts of something that my grandmother touched makes the tears flow. I am not sure if the tears are happy or sad. That is sort of the way things have been going lately. I hate to feel all weepy for no reason. That is just way too emotional for me.

Bob's parents left for Russia on July 30. Since then I have been going to their house each day to check the pool and the kitty cats. I have had some people over and have been swimming most days. This has been great. Sophia is learning to be more self reliant in the pool, which gives me more of a comfort level with her in the pool. I would love for her to learn to swim before summer is over, but I doubt that will happen. She is so cautious and I can not convince her that it is okay to get her whole head wet. I guess that it will come with time. If worse comes to worse, we can get her into some winter swimming lessons.

I have to go back for the follow-up sonogram this week. I am still debating with myself about finding out the sex of the baby. Part of me really wants to know, but then I really don't want to take that surprise away from myself. I did not find out for Sophia and it was so wonderful to hear the words, "It's a girl." Bob does not want to know and I can go either way. I guess I have a few more days to think it over.

We still have not settled on any names for the baby yet. This kid may never be named. Bob likes such weird names for boys that I just don't want to discuss it. It seems that girls names are easier for us to decide on. We picked Sophia's name right away and we like the following for girls this time; Claire, Katherine or Mollie. Of course, they could still change, too!

I hope that you all are staying cool. It has been so hot over the last two weeks. Thankfully, it seems that you can finally get some relief in the shade now.

Be well!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger ChristyTN said...

That's so special to have your grandmother's pearl necklace and quilted wall-hanging for Sophia. I really miss my grandmother too, so I do know how you feel. I still feel like she's close to me sometimes. I have two of her iris plants growing in my yard, so I can't stop thinking about her when those are in bloom. I'm glad that you had such a sweet and caring grandmother. She'll always be close to you.

I was really weepy while pregnant. Once when my family came up for a visit, we were eating in a restaurant when a sappy love song was played over the radio. It happened to be one played at my wedding, so I started crying right there in Burger King! I even cried during some commercials on TV.

8:56 AM  
Blogger bob_vinyl said...

Don't forget Lucy for a girl. If it's a boy, it'll be Isaiah!

12:24 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Mimi - Thanks, I know that you are right about my mom.

We were up in the air about boys names the first time and it worked out. Hopefully, we can agree.

Christy - I know you were close to your grandmother, also. It is bittersweet to remember them sometimes.

I hate this crying stuff. You got me beat with Burger King though. Even when I wasn't pregnant there used to be this commercial for dog food that made me cry every time. It showed the dog as a puppy and by the end the dog was old. I don't know why if affected me the way that it did.

Bob - Notice - I did not mention any of your boys names. I really dislike Isaiah. Lucy is okay, but I am not jumping up and down for it.

2:54 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

I thought that Bob liked Axl as a boy's name. Oh, that's right, he wanted Izzy. I knew he liked one of those G-n-R names.

11:35 PM  
Blogger The Management said...

Bob... that's a crappy name for a boy.

What's wrong with Erinyes, Prometheus, or Thanatos. Soemthing with a little bit of kick to it.

What about "Dave"? That name rox hard as well!

Otter

9:22 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Mark - Axl would definitely be OUT.

Otter - Prometheus made me laugh. Dave (David) is actually not a bad name. I sort of like the standard names like; Andrew, James, Matthew, etc.

Ryan - I knew you would love her if she was bad.

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home